Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Notch2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Notch2 antibody
See all Notch2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Notch2
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species WBMouseHuman
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Notch2 aa 1669-1855.
- A431 and HepG2 cell lines; NIH-3T3 and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 79% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137665 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
1/500 - 1/300. Predicted molecular weight: 265 kDa.
1/500 - 1/300. Predicted molecular weight: 265 kDa.
FunctionFunctions as a receptor for membrane-bound ligands Jagged1, Jagged2 and Delta1 to regulate cell-fate determination. Upon ligand activation through the released notch intracellular domain (NICD) it forms a transcriptional activator complex with RBPJ/RBPSUH and activates genes of the enhancer of split locus. Affects the implementation of differentiation, proliferation and apoptotic programs (By similarity). Involved in bone remodeling and homeostasis. In collaboration with RELA/p65 enhances NFATc1 promoter activity and positively regulates RANKL-induced osteoclast differentiation. Positively regulates self-renewal of liver cancer cells (PubMed:25985737).
Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain, heart, kidney, lung, skeletal muscle and liver. Ubiquitously expressed in the embryo.
Involvement in diseaseAlagille syndrome 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOTCH family.
Contains 6 ANK repeats.
Contains 35 EGF-like domains.
Contains 3 LNR (Lin/Notch) repeats.
modificationsSynthesized in the endoplasmic reticulum as an inactive form which is proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase in the trans-Golgi network before it reaches the plasma membrane to yield an active, ligand-accessible form. Cleavage results in a C-terminal fragment N(TM) and a N-terminal fragment N(EC). Following ligand binding, it is cleaved by TNF-alpha converting enzyme (TACE) to yield a membrane-associated intermediate fragment called notch extracellular truncation (NEXT). This fragment is then cleaved by presenilin dependent gamma-secretase to release a notch-derived peptide containing the intracellular domain (NICD) from the membrane.
Hydroxylated by HIF1AN.
Can be either O-glucosylated or O-xylosylated at Ser-613 by POGLUT1.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Following proteolytical processing NICD is translocated to the nucleus. Retained at the cytoplasm by C8orf4 (PubMed:25985737).
- Information by UniProt
- AGS2 antibody
- hN2 antibody
- Motch B antibody
ab137665 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Cao M et al. Emodin relieves hypoxia-triggered injury via elevation of microRNA-25 in PC-12 cells. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:2678-2687 (2019). PubMed: 31257935
- Li F et al. LncRNA GAS5 Overexpression Reverses LPS-Induced Inflammatory Injury and Apoptosis Through Up-Regulating KLF2 Expression in ATDC5 Chondrocytes. Cell Physiol Biochem 45:1241-1251 (2018). PubMed: 29448248
- Liang Z & Ren C Emodin attenuates apoptosis and inflammation induced by LPS through up-regulating lncRNA TUG1 in murine chondrogenic ATDC5 cells. Biomed Pharmacother 103:897-902 (2018). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29710506
- Yang Z et al. Down-regulation of microRNA-23b aggravates LPS-induced inflammatory injury in chondrogenic ATDC5 cells by targeting PDCD4. Iran J Basic Med Sci 21:529-535 (2018). PubMed: 29922435
- Zhou J et al. Protective role of microRNA-29a in denatured dermis and skin fibroblast cells after thermal injury. Biol Open N/A:N/A (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26794609
- Liu YF et al. Silencing of MAP4K4 by short hairpin RNA suppresses proliferation, induces G1 cell cycle arrest and induces apoptosis in gastric cancer cells. Mol Med Rep 13:41-8 (2016). PubMed: 26549737