Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to NOX1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NOX1 antibody
See all NOX1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to NOX1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Guinea pig, Dog, Pig, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla
- WB: HeLa and colorectal adenocarcinoma cell lysates; IHC-P: Human kidney tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 99% Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab121009 is purified from Goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab121009 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 7.5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionNOH-1S is a voltage-gated proton channel that mediates the H(+) currents of resting phagocytes and other tissues. It participates in the regulation of cellular pH and is blocked by zinc. NOH-1L is a pyridine nucleotide-dependent oxidoreductase that generates superoxide and might conduct H(+) ions as part of its electron transport mechanism, whereas NOH-1S does not contain an electron transport chain.
Tissue specificityNOH-1L is detected in colon, uterus, prostate, and colon carcinoma, but not in peripheral blood leukocytes. NOH-1S is detected only in colon and colon carcinoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 ferric oxidoreductase domain.
Cellular localizationCell projection > invadopodium membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GP91 2 antibody
- Mitogenic oxidase (pyridine nucleotide dependent superoxide generating) antibody
- Mitogenic oxidase 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-NOX1 antibody (ab121009) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Colorectal adenocarcinoma cell lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer)
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer)
Predicted band size: 65 kDa
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human kidney tissue labelling NOX1 with ab121009 at 7.5 µg/mL. Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using citrate buffer pH 6. An HRP-conjugated secondary antibody was used. Counterstained with hematoxylin.
Inset: Negative control showing staining of paraffin embedded human kidney, with no primary antibody.
ab121009 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- De Bessa TC et al. Subverted regulation of Nox1 NADPH oxidase-dependent oxidant generation by protein disulfide isomerase A1 in colon carcinoma cells with overactivated KRas. Cell Death Dis 10:143 (2019). PubMed: 30760703
- Alborzinia H et al. Golgi stress mediates redox imbalance and ferroptosis in human cells. Commun Biol 1:210 (2018). PubMed: 30511023
- Chocry M et al. Reversion of resistance to oxaliplatin by inhibition of p38 MAPK in colorectal cancer cell lines: involvement of the calpain / Nox1 pathway. Oncotarget 8:103710-103730 (2017). PubMed: 29262595