Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NOX1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified by antigen specific affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55831 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionNOH-1S is a voltage-gated proton channel that mediates the H(+) currents of resting phagocytes and other tissues. It participates in the regulation of cellular pH and is blocked by zinc. NOH-1L is a pyridine nucleotide-dependent oxidoreductase that generates superoxide and might conduct H(+) ions as part of its electron transport mechanism, whereas NOH-1S does not contain an electron transport chain.
Tissue specificityNOH-1L is detected in colon, uterus, prostate, and colon carcinoma, but not in peripheral blood leukocytes. NOH-1S is detected only in colon and colon carcinoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 ferric oxidoreductase domain.
Cellular localizationCell projection > invadopodium membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GP91 2 antibody
- Mitogenic oxidase (pyridine nucleotide dependent superoxide generating) antibody
- Mitogenic oxidase 1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab55831 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab55831, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab55831 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Dou C et al. SHMT1 inhibits the metastasis of HCC by repressing NOX1-mediated ROS production. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:70 (2019). PubMed: 30755243
- Anticoli S et al. Counteraction of HCV-Induced Oxidative Stress Concurs to Establish Chronic Infection in Liver Cell Cultures. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:6452390 (2019). PubMed: 30906503
- Liang S et al. NADPH Oxidase 1 in Liver Macrophages Promotes Inflammation and Tumor Development in Mice. Gastroenterology 156:1156-1172.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30445007
- Li R et al. Curcumin ameliorates atrophy of seminal vesicle via reduction of oxidative stress in castrated mice. PeerJ 7:e7192 (2019). PubMed: 31316871
- Cremonini E et al. Anthocyanins protect the gastrointestinal tract from high fat diet-induced alterations in redox signaling, barrier integrity and dysbiosis. Redox Biol 26:101269 (2019). PubMed: 31330482