Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NOX1
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NOX1 antibody
See all NOX1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NOX1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from the C terminal of Human NOX1
- Human colon tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78016 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 72 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionNOH-1S is a voltage-gated proton channel that mediates the H(+) currents of resting phagocytes and other tissues. It participates in the regulation of cellular pH and is blocked by zinc. NOH-1L is a pyridine nucleotide-dependent oxidoreductase that generates superoxide and might conduct H(+) ions as part of its electron transport mechanism, whereas NOH-1S does not contain an electron transport chain.
Tissue specificityNOH-1L is detected in colon, uterus, prostate, and colon carcinoma, but not in peripheral blood leukocytes. NOH-1S is detected only in colon and colon carcinoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 ferric oxidoreductase domain.
Cellular localizationCell projection > invadopodium membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GP91 2 antibody
- Mitogenic oxidase (pyridine nucleotide dependent superoxide generating) antibody
- Mitogenic oxidase 1 antibody
ab78016, at 10µg/ml, staining NOX1 in Human colon by Immunohistochemistry using formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
Anti-NOX1 antibody (ab78016) at 1 µg/ml + Human Prostate Tumor Lysate Tissue Lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 65 kDa
Observed band size: 72 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
NOX1 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
ab78016 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Ortega MA et al. Patients with Incompetent Valves in Chronic Venous Insufficiency Show Increased Systematic Lipid Peroxidation and Cellular Oxidative Stress Markers. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:5164576 (2019). PubMed: 31281583
- Du S et al. NADPH oxidase 4 regulates anoikis resistance of gastric cancer cells through the generation of reactive oxygen species and the induction of EGFR. Cell Death Dis 9:948 (2018). PubMed: 30237423
- Wei CC et al. Nicotinamide mononucleotide attenuates brain injury after intracerebral hemorrhage by activating Nrf2/HO-1 signaling pathway. Sci Rep 7:717 (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28386082
- Wang R et al. NADPH oxidase overexpression in human colon cancers and rat colon tumors induced by 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP). Int J Cancer 128:2581-90 (2011). PubMed: 20715105
- Kim KA et al. NOX1 participates in ROS-dependent cell death of colon epithelial Caco2 cells induced by Entamoeba histolytica. Microbes Infect 13:1052-61 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21723410
- Shimada K et al. A novel human AlkB homologue, ALKBH8, contributes to human bladder cancer progression. Cancer Res 69:3157-64 (2009). WB, ICC ; Human . PubMed: 19293182