Key features and details
- Mouse polyclonal to NOXA1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NOXA1 antibody
See all NOXA1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to NOXA1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length human NOXA1 (NP_006638).
- NOXA1 transfected 293T lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 2.68% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68523 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
FunctionFunctions as an activator of NOX1, a superoxide-producing NADPH oxidase. Functions in the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) which participate in a variety of biological processes including host defense, hormone biosynthesis, oxygen sensing and signal transduction. May also activate CYBB/gp91phox and NOX3.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Detected in pancreas, liver, kidney, spleen, prostate, small intestine and colon.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NCF2/NOXA1 family.
Contains 1 OPR domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 4 TPR repeats.
Developmental stageExpressed in fetal kidney.
DomainThe SH3 domain mediates interaction with NOXO1 and NCF1 and has autoregulatory function.
The TPR repeats mediate interaction with RAC1.
modificationsInteraction with YWHAZ depends on phosphorylation by PKA.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocation to membranes depends on NOXO1 or NCF1 and maybe RAC1.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen NY CO 31 antibody
- Antigen NY-CO-31 antibody
- FLJ25475 antibody
All lanes : Anti-NOXA1 antibody (ab68523) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : NOXA1 transfected 293T lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transfected 293T lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab68523 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- De Bessa TC et al. Subverted regulation of Nox1 NADPH oxidase-dependent oxidant generation by protein disulfide isomerase A1 in colon carcinoma cells with overactivated KRas. Cell Death Dis 10:143 (2019). PubMed: 30760703
- Chocry M et al. Reversion of resistance to oxaliplatin by inhibition of p38 MAPK in colorectal cancer cell lines: involvement of the calpain / Nox1 pathway. Oncotarget 8:103710-103730 (2017). PubMed: 29262595
- Streeter J et al. Phosphorylation of Nox1 regulates association with NoxA1 activation domain. Circ Res 115:911-8 (2014). PubMed: 25228390
- Csányi G et al. Nox2 B-loop peptide, Nox2ds, specifically inhibits the NADPH oxidase Nox2. Free Radic Biol Med 51:1116-25 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21586323
- Biasi F et al. Pro-oxidant and proapoptotic effects of cholesterol oxidation products on human colonic epithelial cells: a potential mechanism of inflammatory bowel disease progression. Free Radic Biol Med 47:1731-41 (2009). IP ; Human . PubMed: 19778604