Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NPHS2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab50339 is affinity-purified using the immunizing peptide immobilized on agarose.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50339 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.2 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa. Additional weak bands may be detected when immunoblotting various extract preparations. Detection of podocin (doublet) by immunoblotting is specifically inhibited with the immunizing peptide. The upper band may represent a post-translational modified variant.|
FunctionPlays a role in the regulation of glomerular permeability, acting probably as a linker between the plasma membrane and the cytoskeleton.
Tissue specificityAlmost exclusively expressed in the podocytes of fetal and mature kidney glomeruli.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NPHS2 are the cause of nephrotic syndrome type 2 (NPHS2) [MIM:600995]. It is a renal disorder characterized clinically by childhood onset of proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, hyperlipidemia, and edema. Kidney biopsies show non-specific histologic changes such as focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and diffuse mesangial proliferation. The disorder is resistant to steroid treatment and progresses to end-stage renal failure in the first or second decades. Some patients show later onset of the disorder.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the band 7/mec-2 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- nephrosis 2 antibody
- Nephrosis 2, idiopathic, steroid resistant (podocin) antibody
- nephrosis 2, idiopathic, steroid resistant antibody
All lanes : Anti-NPHS2 antibody (ab50339) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat glomeruli tissue extract
Lane 2 : Rat glomeruli tissue extract with Immunizing peptide
All lanes : Anti_rabbit IgG-peroxidase
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffn-embedded rat kidney tissue using ab50339 at 0.2 μg/ml.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffn-embedded mouse kidney tissue using ab50339 at 0.2 μg/ml.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse kidney tissue labeling NPHS2 with ab50339 at 0.2 µg/ml.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded rat kidney tissue labeling NPHS2 with ab50339 at 0.2 µg/ml.
ab50339 has been referenced in 43 publications.
- Wang H et al. Protective effect of silencing Stat1 on high glucose-induced podocytes injury via Forkhead transcription factor O1-regulated the oxidative stress response. BMC Mol Cell Biol 20:27 (2019). PubMed: 31337338
- Jiang W et al. Klotho inhibits PKCa/p66SHC-mediated podocyte injury in diabetic nephropathy. Mol Cell Endocrinol 494:110490 (2019). PubMed: 31207271
- Tran T et al. In Vivo Developmental Trajectories of Human Podocyte Inform In Vitro Differentiation of Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Podocytes. Dev Cell 50:102-116.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31265809
- Huang X et al. Salidroside ameliorates Adriamycin nephropathy in mice by inhibiting ß-catenin activity. J Cell Mol Med 23:4443-4453 (2019). PubMed: 30993911
- Yin W et al. Protein kinase C and protein kinase A are involved in the protection of recombinant human glucagon-like peptide-1 on glomeruli and tubules in diabetic rats. J Diabetes Investig 10:613-625 (2019). PubMed: 30307132