Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NPHS2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NPHS2 antibody
See all NPHS2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NPHS2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human NPHS2 (C terminal).
Database link: NM_014625
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93650 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
FunctionPlays a role in the regulation of glomerular permeability, acting probably as a linker between the plasma membrane and the cytoskeleton.
Tissue specificityAlmost exclusively expressed in the podocytes of fetal and mature kidney glomeruli.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NPHS2 are the cause of nephrotic syndrome type 2 (NPHS2) [MIM:600995]. It is a renal disorder characterized clinically by childhood onset of proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, hyperlipidemia, and edema. Kidney biopsies show non-specific histologic changes such as focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and diffuse mesangial proliferation. The disorder is resistant to steroid treatment and progresses to end-stage renal failure in the first or second decades. Some patients show later onset of the disorder.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the band 7/mec-2 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- nephrosis 2 antibody
- Nephrosis 2, idiopathic, steroid resistant (podocin) antibody
- nephrosis 2, idiopathic, steroid resistant antibody
ab93650 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Fan H & Zhang W Overexpression of Linc 4930556M19Rik Suppresses High Glucose-Triggered Podocyte Apoptosis, Fibrosis and Inflammation via the miR-27a-3p/Metalloproteinase 3 (TIMP3) Axis in Diabetic Nephropathy. Med Sci Monit 26:e925361 (2020). PubMed: 32896839
- Wan F et al. The protective effect of Phellinus linteus decoction on podocyte injury in the kidney of FSGS rats. BMC Complement Altern Med 19:272 (2019). PubMed: 31638956
- Wei MG et al. JiaWeiDangGui Decoction Ameliorates Proteinuria and Kidney Injury in Adriamycin-Induced Rat by Blockade of TGF-ß/Smad Signaling. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2016:5031890 (2016). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 27403197
- Kirita Y et al. Preserved Nephrogenesis Following Partial Nephrectomy in Early Neonates. Sci Rep 6:26792 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27244673
- Yu J et al. mPGES-1-derived PGE2 contributes to adriamycin-induced podocyte injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 310:F492-8 (2016). PubMed: 26739892
- Jeruschke S et al. Everolimus Stabilizes Podocyte Microtubules via Enhancing TUBB2B and DCDC2 Expression. PLoS One 10:e0137043 (2015). IHC-P . PubMed: 26331477
- Ma J et al. Requirement for TLR2 in the development of albuminuria, inflammation and fibrosis in experimental diabetic nephropathy. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:481-95 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24551269
- Zhong Y et al. Puerarin attenuated early diabetic kidney injury through down-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase 9 in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. PLoS One 9:e85690 (2014). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24454919