Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NPR-C
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NPR-C antibody
See all NPR-C primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NPR-C
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow
This product was previously labelled as Natriuretic Peptide Receptor C
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14355 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for the natriuretic peptide hormones, binding with similar affinities atrial natriuretic peptide NPPA/ANP, brain natriuretic peptide NPPB/BNP, and C-type natriuretic peptide NPPC/CNP. May function as a clearance receptor for NPPA, NPPB and NPPC, regulating their local concentrations and effects. May regulate diuresis, blood pressure and skeletal development. Does not have guanylate cyclase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ANF receptor family.
- Information by UniProt
- ANP C antibody
- ANP-C antibody
- ANPC antibody
ICC/IF image of ab14355 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab14355, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab14355 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Li YX et al. Role of musclin in the pathogenesis of hypertension in rat. PLoS One 8:e72004 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23940802
- Abdelalim EM & Tooyama I NPR-C is expressed in the cholinergic and dopaminergic amacrine cells in the rat retina. Peptides 31:180-3 (2010). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 19878700
- Santos-Araújo C et al. Local modulation of the natriuretic peptide system in the rat remnant kidney. Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1774-82 (2009). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 19145001
- Abdelalim EM et al. Distribution of natriuretic peptide receptor-C immunoreactivity in the rat brainstem and its relationship to cholinergic and catecholaminergic neurons. Neuroscience 155:192-202 (2008). WB, IHC-FrFl ; Rat . PubMed: 18571869
- Tian M & Yang XL C-type natriuretic peptide modulates glutamate receptors on cultured rat retinal amacrine cells. Neuroscience 139:1211-20 (2006). WB, ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 16600513