Product nameAnti-NPY2R/Y2 receptor antibody
See all NPY2R/Y2 receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NPY2R/Y2 receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WB, IHC-P, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
This antibody has been extensively characterized at the spinal level and is currently being characerized in brain.
Previously labelled as NPY2R.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody has been extensively characterized at the spinal level and is currently being characerized in brain.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31894 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21823118|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21823118|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21823118|
|IHC-FoFr||1/500 - 1/1000. Antiserum was used on perfusion fixed tissue. Perfusion: 1) calcium free Tyrode's solution, 2) paraformaldehyde picric acid fixative, and 3) 10% sucrose in PBS as a cryo protectant. Desired tissues were dissected and stored overnight in 10% sucrose in PBS, slide mounted and processed for indirect immunofluorescence.|
FunctionReceptor for neuropeptide Y and peptide YY. The rank order of affinity of this receptor for pancreatic polypeptides is PYY > NPY > PYY (3-36) > NPY (2-36) > [Ile-31, Gln-34] PP > [Leu-31, Pro-34] NPY > PP, [Pro-34] PYY and NPY free acid.
Tissue specificityHigh levels in amygdala, corpus callosum, hippocampus and subthalamic nucleus. Also detectable in caudate nucleus, hypothalamus and substantia nigra.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Neuropeptide Y receptor type 2 antibody
- Neuropeptide Y receptor Y2 antibody
- NPY-Y2 receptor antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Guida C et al. Sitagliptin and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass modulate insulin secretion via regulation of intra-islet PYY. Diabetes Obes Metab 20:571-581 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 28892258) »
- Xu X et al. Altered expression of neuropeptide Y, Y1 and Y2 receptors, but not Y5 receptor, within hippocampus and temporal lobe cortex of tremor rats. Neuropeptides 48:97-105 (2014). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 24444822) »