Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NQO1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NQO1 antibody
See all NQO1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NQO1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide contain a sequence corresponding to a region within amino acids 213 and 224 of Human NQO1 9(NP_000894).
- 293T, A431, H1299, HeLa, HepG2, MOLT4 and Raji cell lysates for WB; HeLa cells for IF; CL1-0 xenograft for IHC-P.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 79% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97385 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa. In some tested cell lines double bands (~26-34kDa) are seen: 293T, A431, H1299, HeLa, HepG2.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionThe enzyme apparently serves as a quinone reductase in connection with conjugation reactions of hydroquinons involved in detoxification pathways as well as in biosynthetic processes such as the vitamin K-dependent gamma-carboxylation of glutamate residues in prothrombin synthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NAD(P)H dehydrogenase (quinone) family.
- Information by UniProt
- Azoreductase antibody
- Cytochrome b 5 reductase antibody
- DHQU antibody
All lanes : Anti-NQO1 antibody (ab97385) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : MOLT4 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Raji whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 31 kDa
12% SDS PAGE
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde-fixed HeLa cells, using ab97385 at 1/200 dilution. Lower image merged with DNA probe.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded CL1-0 xenograft, using ab97385 at 1/500 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human ovarian endometriosis tissue, staining NQO1 with ab97385.
Antigen retrieval was performed in sodium citrate buffer in a microwave oven. Samples were blocked with rabbit serum for one hour before incubating overnight with primary antibody (1/200). Stainined was detected using DAB.
ab97385 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhi W et al. Melatonin elicits protective effects on OGD/R-insulted H9c2 cells by activating PGC-1a/Nrf2 signaling. Int J Mol Med 45:1294-1304 (2020). PubMed: 32323734
- Shi X & Fu L Piceatannol inhibits oxidative stress through modification of Nrf2-signaling pathway in testes and attenuates spermatogenesis and steroidogenesis in rats exposed to cadmium during adulthood. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:2811-2824 (2019). PubMed: 31496657
- Ravasz D et al. Reduction of 2-methoxy-1,4-naphtoquinone by mitochondrially-localized Nqo1 yielding NAD+ supports substrate-level phosphorylation during respiratory inhibition. Biochim Biophys Acta N/A:N/A (2018). WB . PubMed: 29746824
- Hevir N et al. Disturbed balance between phase I and II metabolizing enzymes in ovarian endometriosis: A source of excessive hydroxy-estrogens and ROS? Mol Cell Endocrinol : (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23277161