Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to NRAS
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NRAS antibody
See all NRAS primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to NRAS
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Orangutan
- WB: Jurkat and MCF7 cell lysates; Flow-Cyt: MCF-7 cells; IHC-P: Human small intestine.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 0.5% Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab77392 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunising peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77392 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 - 3 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.03 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionRas proteins bind GDP/GTP and possess intrinsic GTPase activity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NRAS are a cause of juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML) [MIM:607785]. JMML is a pediatric myelodysplastic syndrome that constitutes approximately 30% of childhood cases of myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and 2% of leukemia.
Defects in NRAS are the cause of Noonan syndrome type 6 (NS6) [MIM:613224]. A syndrome characterized by facial dysmorphic features such as hypertelorism, a downward eyeslant and low-set posteriorly rotated ears. Other features can include short stature, a short neck with webbing or redundancy of skin, cardiac anomalies, deafness, motor delay and variable intellectual deficits.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ras family.
modificationsPalmitoylated by the ZDHHC9-GOLGA7 complex. A continuous cycle of de- and re-palmitoylation regulates rapid exchange between plasma membrane and Golgi.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Shuttles between the plasma membrane and the Golgi apparatus.
- Information by UniProt
- ALPS4 antibody
- AV095280 antibody
- GTPase NRas antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-NRAS antibody (ab77392) at 0.3 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-NRAS antibody (ab77392) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) cell lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 (human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa
Primary incubation 1 hour at room temperature. Detected by chemiluminescence.
Flow cytometric analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed MCF7 cells (blue line) labeling NRAS with ab77392. Cells permeabilized with 0.5% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (1 µg/mL). IgG control: Unimmunized goat IgG (black line) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody.
ab77392 at 2.5 µg/ml staining NRAS in human small intestine tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections).
ab77392 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ye F et al. HMGB1 regulates erastin-induced ferroptosis via RAS-JNK/p38 signaling in HL-60/NRASQ61L cells. Am J Cancer Res 9:730-739 (2019). PubMed: 31105999
- Liu X et al. Loss of miR-143 and miR-145 in condyloma acuminatum promotes cellular proliferation and inhibits apoptosis by targeting NRAS. R Soc Open Sci 5:172376 (2018). PubMed: 30225000
- Miles WO et al. Alternative Polyadenylation in Triple-Negative Breast Tumors Allows NRAS and c-JUN to Bypass PUMILIO Posttranscriptional Regulation. Cancer Res 76:7231-7241 (2016). PubMed: 27758885
- Zeng T et al. Impeded Nedd4-1-mediated Ras degradation underlies Ras-driven tumorigenesis. Cell Rep 7:871-82 (2014). PubMed: 24746824
- Sun D et al. RAS/MEK-independent gene expression reveals BMP2-related malignant phenotypes in the Nf1-deficient MPNST. Mol Cancer Res 11:616-27 (2013). PubMed: 23423222