Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [SP174] to NRAS (mutated Q61R)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-NRAS (mutated Q61R) antibody [SP174]
See all NRAS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP174] to NRAS (mutated Q61R)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human NRAS aa 50-150 (mutated Q61R). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P01111
- WB: SK-MEL-2 cell lysate. IHC-P: SK-MEL-2 cells. Flow Cyt: SK-MEL-2
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS by protein A/G.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab227658 in the following tested applications.
|WB||1/400. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 8.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
FunctionRas proteins bind GDP/GTP and possess intrinsic GTPase activity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NRAS are a cause of juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML) [MIM:607785]. JMML is a pediatric myelodysplastic syndrome that constitutes approximately 30% of childhood cases of myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and 2% of leukemia.
Defects in NRAS are the cause of Noonan syndrome type 6 (NS6) [MIM:613224]. A syndrome characterized by facial dysmorphic features such as hypertelorism, a downward eyeslant and low-set posteriorly rotated ears. Other features can include short stature, a short neck with webbing or redundancy of skin, cardiac anomalies, deafness, motor delay and variable intellectual deficits.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Ras family.
modificationsPalmitoylated by the ZDHHC9-GOLGA7 complex. A continuous cycle of de- and re-palmitoylation regulates rapid exchange between plasma membrane and Golgi.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Shuttles between the plasma membrane and the Golgi apparatus.
- Information by UniProt
- ALPS4 antibody
- AV095280 antibody
- GTPase NRas antibody
Flow Cytometry analysis of SK-MEL-2( Human skin malignant melanoma) cells labeling NRAS with purifiedab227658 at 1:200 dilution (0.8 µg/ml) (Red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor© 488, ab150077) secondary antibody was used at 1:2000 dilution. Isotype control - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) / Black. Unlabeled control - Unlabelled cells / blue.
Anti-NRAS (mutated Q61R) antibody [SP174] (ab227658) at 1/400 dilution + SK-MEL-2 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human SK-MEL-2 cells stained for NRAS (mutated Q61R) using ab227658 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
ab227658 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Pellegrini C et al. Heterogeneity of BRAF, NRAS, and TERT Promoter Mutational Status in Multiple Melanomas and Association with MC1R Genotype: Findings from Molecular and Immunohistochemical Analysis. J Mol Diagn 20:110-122 (2018). PubMed: 29061376
- Manevitz-Mendelson E et al. Somatic NRAS mutation in patient with generalized lymphatic anomaly. Angiogenesis N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29397482
- Turchini J et al. NRASQ61R Mutation-specific Immunohistochemistry is Highly Specific for Either NRASQ61R or KRASQ61R Mutation in Colorectal Carcinoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 25:475-480 (2017). PubMed: 26862952
- Dias-Santagata D et al. KIT mutations and CD117 overexpression are markers of better progression-free survival in vulvar melanomas. Br J Dermatol 177:1376-1384 (2017). PubMed: 28734009
- Mourah S et al. Recurrent NRAS mutations in pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Eur Respir J 47:1785-96 (2016). PubMed: 27076591
- Kakavand H et al. BRAF(V600E) and NRAS(Q61L/Q61R) mutation analysis in metastatic melanoma using immunohistochemistry: a study of 754 cases highlighting potential pitfalls and guidelines for interpretation and reporting. Histopathology 69:680-6 (2016). PubMed: 27151331
- Dias-Santagata D et al. Immunohistochemical Detection of NRASQ61R Mutation in Diverse Tumor Types. Am J Clin Pathol 145:29-34 (2016). PubMed: 26712868