Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NrCAM - Neuronal Marker
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NrCAM antibody - Neuronal Marker
See all NrCAM primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NrCAM - Neuronal Marker
Specificityab24344 immunoblots a single major protein of NrCAM (see western blot image on datasheet) and recognizes proteins of comparable size from mouse, rat and human.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
mouse NrCAM protein as fusion with human Fc region of Ig. This antibody recognizes an extracellular region of the protein. It cross-reacts with human Fc region
General notesThis antibody recognizes an extracellular region of the protein. It cross-reacts with human Fc region.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24344 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/200. Do not perform antigen retrieval.|
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 145 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 145 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FoFr||1/200. PubMed: 113319561/200. Tissue was immersion fixed (not perfusion fixed) overnight in 4% paraformaldehyde/PBS pH 7.4 and then cryoprotected by incubation in 30% sucrose overnight. Sections were blocked for 1 hour with 1% goat serum/5% BSA in PBS with 0.02% sodium azide and 0.02% Triton X-100 (see PubMed: 11331956).|
FunctionCell adhesion, ankyrin-binding protein involved in neuron-neuron adhesion. May play a role in the molecular assembly of the nodes of Ranvier.
Tissue specificityDetected in all the examined tissues. In the brain it was detected in the amygdala, caudate nucleus, corpus callosum, hippocampus, hypothalamus, substantia nigra, subthalamic nucleus and thalamus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. L1/neurofascin/NgCAM family.
Contains 5 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 6 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Bravo antibody
- hBravo antibody
- Neuronal cell adhesion molecule antibody
ab24344 detects NrCAM by immunofluorescence on embryonic day 11.5 mouse spinal cord. Floor plate commissurral axons crossing to the contralateral side of the spinal cord are shown here labeled for NrCAM by ab24344 (1/300). Mouse spinal cord was 4% PFA-fixed and processed on slide for IF. Scale bar=50um
Anti-NrCAM antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab24344) at 1/500 dilution + 20 µg of postnatal day 8 mouse brain extract in SDS
Predicted band size: 145 kDa
Observed band size: 145 kDa
ab24344 also can be used for immunoprecipatation and blocks function
ab24344 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Alpizar SA et al. Loss of Neurofascin-186 Disrupts Alignment of AnkyrinG Relative to Its Binding Partners in the Axon Initial Segment. Front Cell Neurosci 13:1 (2019). PubMed: 30723396
- Mohan V et al. Expression and Function of Neuron-Glia-Related Cell Adhesion Molecule (NrCAM) in the Amygdalar Pathway. Front Cell Dev Biol 7:9 (2019). PubMed: 30766872
- Brummer T et al. NrCAM is a marker for substrate-selective activation of ADAM10 in Alzheimer's disease. EMBO Mol Med 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30833305
- Medina-Cano D et al. High N-glycan multiplicity is critical for neuronal adhesion and sensitizes the developing cerebellum to N-glycosylation defect. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30311906
- Bang ML et al. Glial M6B stabilizes the axonal membrane at peripheral nodes of Ranvier. Glia 66:801-812 (2018). PubMed: 29282769