Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NRF1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NRF1 antibody
See all NRF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NRF1
Specificityab34682 recognises NRF1 (also known as nuclear respiratory factor 1, alpha palindromic binding protein and alpha-pal).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Dog, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish
Recombinant full length protein, corresponding to amino acids 1-534 of Mouse NRF1
- HeLa Whole Cell Lysate HeLa Cell Nuclear Extract Human testis
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34682 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 67 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa). Splice variants exist for this protein that may result in the detection of lower molecular weight bands.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionTranscription factor that activates the expression of the EIF2S1 (EIF2-alpha) gene. Links the transcriptional modulation of key metabolic genes to cellular growth and development. Implicated in the control of nuclear genes required for respiration, heme biosynthesis, and mitochondrial DNA transcription and replication.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with strongest expression in skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NRF1/Ewg family.
modificationsPhosphorylation enhances DNA binding.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha pal antibody
- alpha palindromic binding protein antibody
- Alpha palindromic-binding protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-NRF1 antibody (ab34682) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse liver whole tissue lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Observed band size: 55,67 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 50 seconds
All lanes : Anti-NRF1 antibody (ab34682) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa Nuclear extract
Lane 2 : HeLa Whole Cell lysate
All lanes : IRDyeTM700 labelled goat-a-rabbit IgG at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Observed band size: 67 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Purified anti-NRF1 antibody (ab34682) was used at 5µg/ml to detect NRF1 in human testis. Nuclear staining in lymphocytes can be observed.
ICC/IF image of ab34682 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab34682, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab34682 has been referenced in 32 publications.
- Hou Z et al. Regulation of differential proton-coupled folate transporter gene expression in human tumors: transactivation by KLF15 with NRF-1 and the role of Sp1. Biochem J 476:1247-1266 (2019). PubMed: 30914440
- Wang X et al. Transcription regulation of NRF1 on StAR reduces testosterone synthesis in hypoxemic murine. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 191:105370 (2019). PubMed: 31028793
- Kim D et al. Protective effect of exercise training against the progression of Alzheimer's disease in 3xTg-AD mice. Behav Brain Res 374:112105 (2019). PubMed: 31325514
- Senapati P et al. Hyperinsulinemia promotes aberrant histone acetylation in triple-negative breast cancer. Epigenetics Chromatin 12:44 (2019). PubMed: 31315653
- Le Berre G et al. Repression of TERRA Expression by Subtelomeric DNA Methylation Is Dependent on NRF1 Binding. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31181625