Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nrf2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nrf2 antibody
See all Nrf2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nrf2
SpecificitySome customers have used this antibody successfully in western blot however our latest tests were unsuccessful and therefore we can no longer guarantee this application. We would recommend ab62352 as an alternative.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow
Synthetic peptide within Human Nrf2 aa 550 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q16236
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31163 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionTranscription activator that binds to antioxidant response (ARE) elements in the promoter regions of target genes. Important for the coordinated up-regulation of genes in response to oxidative stress. May be involved in the transcriptional activation of genes of the beta-globin cluster by mediating enhancer activity of hypersensitive site 2 of the beta-globin locus control region.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest expression in adult muscle, kidney, lung, liver and in fetal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. CNC subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
DomainAcidic activation domain in the N-terminus, and DNA binding domain in the C-terminus.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-40 by PKC in response to oxidative stress dissociates NFE2L2 from its cytoplasmic inhibitor KEAP1, promoting its translocation into the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytosolic under unstressed conditions, translocates into the nucleus upon induction by electrophilic agents.
- Information by UniProt
- erythroid derived 2 antibody
- HEBP1 antibody
- like 2 antibody
ab31163 staining Nrf2 in Human lymph node tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 20°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citric buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 12 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab31163 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab31163, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab31163 staining Nrf2 in Mouse abdominal wall tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour at 21°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in milk) for 18 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab31163 at 1/100 dilution, staining Nrf2 in human placenta by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab31163 has been referenced in 186 publications.
- Zhang W et al. Nrf2 activation protects auditory hair cells from cisplatin-induced ototoxicity independent on mitochondrial ROS production. Toxicol Lett 331:1-10 (2020). PubMed: 32428544
- Wang ZP et al. Corosolic acid attenuates cardiac fibrosis following myocardial infarction in mice. Int J Mol Med 45:1425-1435 (2020). PubMed: 32323841
- Chen W et al. Tanshinone IIA Protects against Acute Pancreatitis in Mice by Inhibiting Oxidative Stress via the Nrf2/ROS Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:5390482 (2020). PubMed: 32322336
- Alechinsky L et al. Tannic Acid Improves Renal Function Recovery after Renal Warm Ischemia-Reperfusion in a Rat Model. Biomolecules 10:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32178273
- Ge C et al. Nrf2 deficiency aggravates PM2.5-induced cardiomyopathy by enhancing oxidative stress, fibrosis and inflammation via RIPK3-regulated mitochondrial disorder. Aging (Albany NY) 12:4836-4865 (2020). PubMed: 32182211