Product nameAnti-Nrf2 antibody
See all Nrf2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nrf2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Hamster, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig, Orangutan
- Rat liver microsomes, Mouse liver microsomes, Human liver microsomes, Canine liver microsomes and Hela cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92946 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
FunctionTranscription activator that binds to antioxidant response (ARE) elements in the promoter regions of target genes. Important for the coordinated up-regulation of genes in response to oxidative stress. May be involved in the transcriptional activation of genes of the beta-globin cluster by mediating enhancer activity of hypersensitive site 2 of the beta-globin locus control region.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest expression in adult muscle, kidney, lung, liver and in fetal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. CNC subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
DomainAcidic activation domain in the N-terminus, and DNA binding domain in the C-terminus.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-40 by PKC in response to oxidative stress dissociates NFE2L2 from its cytoplasmic inhibitor KEAP1, promoting its translocation into the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytosolic under unstressed conditions, translocates into the nucleus upon induction by electrophilic agents.
- Information by UniProt
- erythroid derived 2 antibody
- HEBP1 antibody
- like 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Nrf2 antibody (ab92946) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight markers
Lane 2 : Rat liver microsomes
Lane 3 : Mouse liver microsomes
Lane 4 : Human liver microsomes
Lane 5 : Canine liver microsomes
Lane 6 : HeLa cell lysate
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This product has been referenced in:
- Wen ZS et al. Protective effect of low molecular-weight seleno-aminopolysaccharides against H2O2-induecd oxidative stress in intestinal epithelial cells. Int J Biol Macromol 112:745-753 (2018). WB . Read more (PubMed: 29410059) »
- Rabbani PS et al. Targeted Nrf2 activation therapy with RTA 408 enhances regenerative capacity of diabetic wounds. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 139:11-23 (2018). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 29476889) »