Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nrf2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Hamster, Dog, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nrf2 antibody
See all Nrf2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nrf2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Hamster, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig, Orangutan
- Rat liver microsomes, Mouse liver microsomes, Human liver microsomes, Canine liver microsomes and Hela cell lysate.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92946 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
FunctionTranscription activator that binds to antioxidant response (ARE) elements in the promoter regions of target genes. Important for the coordinated up-regulation of genes in response to oxidative stress. May be involved in the transcriptional activation of genes of the beta-globin cluster by mediating enhancer activity of hypersensitive site 2 of the beta-globin locus control region.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest expression in adult muscle, kidney, lung, liver and in fetal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. CNC subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
DomainAcidic activation domain in the N-terminus, and DNA binding domain in the C-terminus.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-40 by PKC in response to oxidative stress dissociates NFE2L2 from its cytoplasmic inhibitor KEAP1, promoting its translocation into the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytosolic under unstressed conditions, translocates into the nucleus upon induction by electrophilic agents.
- Information by UniProt
- erythroid derived 2 antibody
- HEBP1 antibody
- like 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Nrf2 antibody (ab92946) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight markers
Lane 2 : Rat liver microsomes
Lane 3 : Mouse liver microsomes
Lane 4 : Human liver microsomes
Lane 5 : Canine liver microsomes
Lane 6 : HeLa cell lysate
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab92946 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Zha A et al. The Evaluation of the Antioxidant and Intestinal Protective Effects of Baicalin-Copper in Deoxynivalenol-Challenged Piglets. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:5363546 (2020). PubMed: 32064026
- Zhang H et al. Comparison of the protective effects of resveratrol and pterostilbene against intestinal damage and redox imbalance in weanling piglets. J Anim Sci Biotechnol 11:52 (2020). PubMed: 32514341
- Ji QQ et al. Salvianolic Acid B Improves Postresuscitation Myocardial and Cerebral Outcomes in a Murine Model of Cardiac Arrest: Involvement of Nrf2 Signaling Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:1605456 (2020). PubMed: 32714485
- Xiao X et al. Biogenic nanoselenium particles activate Nrf2-ARE pathway by phosphorylating p38, ERK1/2, and AKT on IPEC-J2 cells. J Cell Physiol 234:11227-11234 (2019). PubMed: 30488492
- Rabbani PS et al. Dysregulation of Nrf2/Keap1 Redox Pathway in Diabetes Affects Multipotency of Stromal Cells. Diabetes 68:141-155 (2019). PubMed: 30352880