Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1808Y] to Nrf2 (HRP)
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
Product nameAnti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] (HRP)
See all Nrf2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1808Y] to Nrf2 (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human Nrf2 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- IHC/P: human breast adenocarcinoma tissue sections.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
- Anti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] - BSA and Azide free (ab180845)
- Anti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab194984)
- Anti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab194985)
- Anti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab206890)
- Anti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab206893)
- Anti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] (PE) (ab223926)
- Anti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] (APC) (ab223927)
- Anti-Nrf2 antibody [EP1808Y] - ChIP Grade (ab62352)
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab194986 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab199507 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (HRP), is suitable for use an as isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionTranscription activator that binds to antioxidant response (ARE) elements in the promoter regions of target genes. Important for the coordinated up-regulation of genes in response to oxidative stress. May be involved in the transcriptional activation of genes of the beta-globin cluster by mediating enhancer activity of hypersensitive site 2 of the beta-globin locus control region.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest expression in adult muscle, kidney, lung, liver and in fetal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. CNC subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
DomainAcidic activation domain in the N-terminus, and DNA binding domain in the C-terminus.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-40 by PKC in response to oxidative stress dissociates NFE2L2 from its cytoplasmic inhibitor KEAP1, promoting its translocation into the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytosolic under unstressed conditions, translocates into the nucleus upon induction by electrophilic agents.
- Information by UniProt
- erythroid derived 2 antibody
- HEBP1 antibody
- like 2 antibody
IHC image of Nrf2 staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human breast adenocarcinoma*. The section was pre-treated using pressure cooker heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6) for 30mins, and incubated overnight at +4°C with ab194986 at 1/500 dilution. DAB was used as the chromogen (ab103723), diluted 1/100 and incubated for 10min at room temperature. The section was counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
ab194986 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Jiang G et al. p62 promotes proliferation, apoptosis-resistance and invasion of prostate cancer cells through the Keap1/Nrf2/ARE axis. Oncol Rep 43:1547-1557 (2020). PubMed: 32323805