Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NRXN2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NRXN2 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NRXN2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
- normal adult human cerebral cortex SKNSH cell line
This product was previously labelled as Neurexin II alpha
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34245 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
RelevanceNeurexin 2 alpha belongs to the Neurexin family, a group of neuronal proteins that function as cell adhesion molecules during synaptogenesis and intracellular signaling. Mammalian genomes contain just three neurexin genes. However, many (>200) neurexin isoforms may be expressed through the use of two alternative promoters and alternative splicing at up to five different positions.
Cellular localizationMembrane; single-pass type I membrane protein.
- Neurexin 2 antibody
- Neurexin II antibody
- NRXN2 antibody
Anti-NRXN2 antibody (ab34245) at 1/400 dilution + whole cell lysate prepared from murine N2A cells at 20 µg
Goat polyclonal conjugated to Dylight 800 at 1/20000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 185 kDa
Observed band size: 160 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Samples were blocked using 0.2% casein for 1 hour at 37°C.
ICC/IF image of ab34245 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% formaldehdye fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab34245, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab34245 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Harkin LF et al. Neurexins 1-3 Each Have a Distinct Pattern of Expression in the Early Developing Human Cerebral Cortex. Cereb Cortex 27:216-232 (2017). PubMed: 28013231
- Brito-Moreira J et al. Interaction of amyloid-ß (Aß) oligomers with neurexin 2a and neuroligin 1 mediates synapse damage and memory loss in mice. J Biol Chem 292:7327-7337 (2017). PubMed: 28283575
- Shapiro-Reznik M et al. Diurnal rhythms in neurexins transcripts and inhibitory/excitatory synapse scaffold proteins in the biological clock. PLoS One 7:e37894 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22662246
- Borsics T et al. Subcellular distribution and expression of prenylated Rab acceptor 1 domain family, member 2 (PRAF2) in malignant glioma: Influence on cell survival and migration. Cancer Sci : (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20412121