Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to NSE
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-NSE antibody
See all NSE primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to NSE
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region of the NSE gene product shared between the rat (AAA41119, NCBI) and human (NP_001966, NCBI) gene products.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
(10mM isotonic 0.9% w/v), pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39369 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionHas neurotrophic and neuroprotective properties on a broad spectrum of central nervous system (CNS) neurons. Binds, in a calcium-dependent manner, to cultured neocortical neurons and promotes cell survival.
Tissue specificityThe alpha/alpha homodimer is expressed in embryo and in most adult tissues. The alpha/beta heterodimer and the beta/beta homodimer are found in striated muscle, and the alpha/gamma heterodimer and the gamma/gamma homodimer in neurons.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 4/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the enolase family.
Developmental stageDuring ontogenesis, there is a transition from the alpha/alpha homodimer to the alpha/beta heterodimer in striated muscle cells, and to the alpha/gamma heterodimer in nerve cells.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Can translocate to the plasma membrane in either the homodimeric (alpha/alpha) or heterodimeric (alpha/gamma) form.
- Information by UniProt
- 2 phospho D glycerate hydrolyase antibody
- 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase antibody
- Eno 2 antibody
ab39369 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Xiao H et al. Histopathologic and immunohistochemical findings in congenital anorectal malformations. Medicine (Baltimore) 97:e11675 (2018). PubMed: 30075558
- Williams MJ et al. Obesity-linked homologues TfAP-2 and Twz establish meal frequency in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet 10:e1004499 (2014). PubMed: 25187989
- Kuo YC et al. Capillary electrophoresis of bone marrow stromal cells with uptake of heparin-functionalized poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles during differentiation towards neurons. Electrophoresis 31:315-23 (2010). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 20084630
- Belsham DD et al. Ciliary neurotrophic factor recruitment of glucagon-like peptide-1 mediates neurogenesis, allowing immortalization of adult murine hypothalamic neurons. FASEB J : (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 19703933