Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3377] to NSE
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-NSE antibody [EPR3377]
See all NSE primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3377] to NSE
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human NSE aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Human fetal brain tissue lysate and SH-SY-5Y, HeLa and Y79 cell lysates. IHC-P: Human brain tissue. ICC/IF: formaldehyde fixed SKNSH cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Anti-NSE antibody [EPR3377] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab199775)
- Anti-NSE antibody [EPR3377] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab199829)
- Anti-NSE antibody [EPR3377] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab202227)
- Anti-NSE antibody [EPR3377] (PE) (ab210631)
- Anti-NSE antibody [EPR3377] (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab215297)
- Anti-NSE antibody [EPR3377] - BSA and Azide free (ab220216)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79757 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|WB||1/5000 - 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/20 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionHas neurotrophic and neuroprotective properties on a broad spectrum of central nervous system (CNS) neurons. Binds, in a calcium-dependent manner, to cultured neocortical neurons and promotes cell survival.
Tissue specificityThe alpha/alpha homodimer is expressed in embryo and in most adult tissues. The alpha/beta heterodimer and the beta/beta homodimer are found in striated muscle, and the alpha/gamma heterodimer and the gamma/gamma homodimer in neurons.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 4/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the enolase family.
Developmental stageDuring ontogenesis, there is a transition from the alpha/alpha homodimer to the alpha/beta heterodimer in striated muscle cells, and to the alpha/gamma heterodimer in nerve cells.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Can translocate to the plasma membrane in either the homodimeric (alpha/alpha) or heterodimeric (alpha/gamma) form.
- Information by UniProt
- 2 phospho D glycerate hydrolyase antibody
- 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase antibody
- Eno 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-NSE antibody [EPR3377] (ab79757) at 1/20000 dilution
Lane 1 : fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY-5Y lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa lysate
Lane 4 : Y79 lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 47 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human brain tissue using 1/250-1/500 ab79757.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ICC/IF image of ab79757 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab79757 at 1/25 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab79757 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab79757, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit monoclonal IgG (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween 20 used under the same conditions.
ab79757 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Dai FF et al. Identification of differentially expressed genes and signaling pathways involved in endometriosis by integrated bioinformatics analysis. Exp Ther Med 19:264-272 (2020). PubMed: 31853298
- Morales-Miranda A Congenital intestinal stenosis and Hirschsprung's disease: two extremely rare pathologies in a newborn puppy. BMC Vet Res 15:92 (2019). PubMed: 30866930
- Tu Y et al. Dexmedetomidine attenuates the neurotoxicity of propofol toward primary hippocampal neurons in vitro via Erk1/2/CREB/BDNF signaling pathways. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:695-706 (2019). PubMed: 30858699
- Zhang J et al. Role of surface ectoderm-specific mitofusin 2 in the corneal morphologic development of mice. Am J Transl Res 11:3620-3628 (2019). PubMed: 31312372
- Prieto-Fernández E et al. A Comprehensive Study of Vesicular and Non-Vesicular miRNAs from a Volume of Cerebrospinal Fluid Compatible with Clinical Practice. Theranostics 9:4567-4579 (2019). PubMed: 31367240