Product nameNuclear Extraction Kit
See all Nuclear Extraction kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time1h 00m
Nuclear Extraction Kit (ab113474) provides a simple and selective method along with all necessary reagents for nuclear protein extraction / nuclear protein fractionation in just 1 hour.
The extracts can then be used in western blotting, protein-DNA binding assays, nuclear enzyme assays or any other procedures requiring optimized nuclear proteins. The protocol is fast and easy-to-use, and isolates very abundant yields of nuclear extract from mammalian cells or tissue samples.
Not sure if this is the right product for you? Check out our EpiSeeker Sample Preparation Guide for help.
Compared to other kits that use conventional nuclear extraction / nuclear fractionation methods, the buffers included in ab113474 contain much lower amounts of salts (80% less than conventional kits) and no SDS, which allows much better retention of enzyme activity in the nuclear extracts.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 1000X Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 1 x 110µl 10X Pre-Extraction Buffer 1 x 10ml DTT Solution (1000X) 1 x 110µl ENE2 (Extraction Buffer) 1 x 10ml
Effect of two drugs refered to as Cilo (50 and 100 mg/kg; Cilo50and Cilo100), and Pio (3 and 10 mg/kg; Pio3 and Pio10), and their combination (Cilo50and Pio3) on the PPAR-γ transcription activity in rats subjected to ischemia (45 min)/reperfusion (24 hrs).
Drugs were administered orally for 14 days then subjected to ischemia/reperfusion. Values are expressed as mean ± S.E.M (n = 6). Data are compared with sham operated control (#), I/R control (∗), Cilo50 (), Pio3 (), and combination (§) pretreated groups (one-way ANOVA followed by Tukey Multiple Comparison Test) at P<0.05.
B16F10 cells were treated with 30 µM of DMPB for the indicated time periods. Cytoplasmic and nuclear fractions were isolated and analyzed by Western blotting.
Nuclear extracts were prepared from MCF-7 cells and the activity of HDACs were measured using different amounts of the extract. The result shown in the figure demonstrates the ab113474's high specificity.
ab113474 has been referenced in 88 publications.
- Zhang J et al. Protocatechuic acid attenuates anterior cruciate ligament transection-induced osteoarthritis by suppressing osteoclastogenesis. Exp Ther Med 19:232-240 (2020). PubMed: 31853294
- Gowayed MA et al. Enhanced mitochondrial biogenesis is associated with the ameliorative action of creatine supplementation in rat soleus and cardiac muscles. Exp Ther Med 19:384-392 (2020). PubMed: 31853315
- Wang LT et al. PCAF-mediated acetylation of ISX recruits BRD4 to promote epithelial-mesenchymal transition. EMBO Rep 21:e48795 (2020). PubMed: 31908141
- Edvinsson Å et al. Placental glucocorticoid receptors are not affected by maternal depression or SSRI treatment. Ups J Med Sci 125:30-36 (2020). PubMed: 31960733
- Yu J et al. Ezetimibe Attenuates Oxidative Stress and Neuroinflammation via the AMPK/Nrf2/TXNIP Pathway after MCAO in Rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:4717258 (2020). PubMed: 31998437