Product nameNuclear fast red, nucleic acid stain
DescriptionNucleic acid stain.
- 4-Amino-9,10-dihydro-1,3-dihydroxy-9,10-dioxo-2-anthracenesulfonic acid sodium salt
- Calcium Red
- CI 60760
Fast-acting biological stain that targets nucleic acids. Works more quickly than Hematoxylin (ab143166). Also suitable for the determination of calcium.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 1 mg/ml
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Park W et al. Multi-modal transfection agent based on monodisperse magnetic nanoparticles for stem cell gene delivery and tracking. Biomaterials 35:7239-47 (2014). Read more (PubMed: 24881029) »
- Yan C et al. Anti-avß3 antibody guided three-step pretargeting approach using magnetoliposomes for molecular magnetic resonance imaging of breast cancer angiogenesis. Int J Nanomedicine 8:245-55 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23345972) »
- Durand M et al. Monocytes from patients with osteoarthritis display increased osteoclastogenesis and bone resorption: the In Vitro Osteoclast Differentiation in Arthritis study. Arthritis Rheum 65:148-58 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23044761) »
- Frank M et al. Certification procedures for nuclear fast red (Kernechtrot), CI 60760. Biotech Histochem 82:35-9 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17510813) »