Product nameAnti-Nuclear Receptor Corepressor NCoR antibody
See all Nuclear Receptor Corepressor NCoR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nuclear Receptor Corepressor NCoR
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total NCoR1 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, ELISA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from the internal sequence of Nuclear Receptor Corepressor NCoR (Human)
- WB: MDA-MB-435 cell extract. IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from rabbit antiserum.
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class II / Hda1 Class
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58396 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18311132|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 270 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionMediates transcriptional repression by certain nuclear receptors. Part of a complex which promotes histone deacetylation and the formation of repressive chromatin structures which may impede the access of basal transcription factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the N-CoR nuclear receptor corepressors family.
Contains 2 SANT domains.
DomainThe N-terminal region contains three independent domains that are capable of mediating transcriptional repression (RD1, RD2 and RD3).
The C-terminal region contains two separate nuclear receptor-interacting domains (ID1 and ID2), each of which contains a conserved sequence referred to as the CORNR box. This motif is necessary and sufficient for binding to unligated nuclear hormone receptors, while sequences flanking the CORNR box determine the precise nuclear hormone receptor specificity.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by SIAH2 and leading to its subsequent proteasomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
- hN CoR antibody
- hNCoR antibody
- KIAA1047 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Nuclear Receptor Corepressor NCoR antibody (ab58396) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : MDA-MB-435 cell extract with no immunizing peptide
Lane 2 : MDA-MB-435 cell extract with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 270 kDa
ab58396, at 1/50 diltuion, staining human Nuclear Receptor Corepressor NCoR in breast carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry in the presence or absence of the immunizing peptide. Paraffin embedded tissue.
This product has been referenced in:
- Figueroa J et al. Exosomes from Glioma-Associated Mesenchymal Stem Cells Increase the Tumorigenicity of Glioma Stem-like Cells via Transfer of miR-1587. Cancer Res 77:5808-5819 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28855213) »
- Gallardo F et al. Cytoplasmic accumulation of NCoR in malignant melanoma: consequences of altered gene repression and prognostic significance. Oncotarget 6:9284-94 (2015). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 25823659) »