Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3G4B2] to Nucleolin
- Suitable for: EMSA, WB, IP, ELISA, ICC
- Reacts with: Dog, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Nucleolin antibody [3G4B2]
See all Nucleolin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3G4B2] to Nucleolin
SpecificityRecognizes human nucleolin, MW 100kD and an additional protein, MW 95kDa in HeLa nuclear extract. The clone number has been updated from (4i51) to (3G4B2) both clone numbers name the same antibody clone.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: EMSA, WB, IP, ELISA, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Dog, Human, Monkey
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
Nuclear matrix extract from MDCK cells (dog).
- WB: HeLa nuclear extract. IP: MDCK total cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 30% Glycerol
Supplied as a liquid in 100µl of culture supernatant containing 0.05% sodium azide prior to the addition of glycerol to 30%.
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14966 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|EMSA||Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 16571724|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 106 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa). A weak non-specific band of ~60kDa is detected in human cell lines with lower antibody dilutions.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution. (see Gotzmann et al reference).|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionNucleolin is the major nucleolar protein of growing eukaryotic cells. It is found associated with intranucleolar chromatin and pre-ribosomal particles. It induces chromatin decondensation by binding to histone H1. It is thought to play a role in pre-rRNA transcription and ribosome assembly. May play a role in the process of transcriptional elongation. Binds RNA oligonucleotides with 5'-UUAGGG-3' repeats more tightly than the telomeric single-stranded DNA 5'-TTAGGG-3' repeats.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
modificationsSome glutamate residues are glycylated by TTLL8. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in a glycine chain on the gamma-carboxyl group.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus. Cytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Information by UniProt
- C23 antibody
- FLJ45706 antibody
- MS1116 antibody
ab14966 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang Y et al. PNRC accumulates in the nucleolus by interaction with B23/nucleophosmin via its nucleolar localization sequence. Biochim Biophys Acta : (2010). PubMed: 20888865
- Hwang J et al. Role of Scarf and its binding target proteins in epidermal calcium homeostasis. J Biol Chem 282:18645-53 (2007). IHC-P, IP . PubMed: 17470426
- Huddleson JP et al. Up-regulation of the KLF2 transcription factor by fluid shear stress requires nucleolin. J Biol Chem 281:15121-8 (2006). WB, EMSA ; Human . PubMed: 16571724
- Gotzmann J et al. Two-dimensional electrophoresis reveals a nuclear matrix-associated nucleolin complex of basic isoelectric point. Electrophoresis 18:2645-53 (1997). IP ; Human . PubMed: 9527495