Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nucleolin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nucleolin antibody
See all Nucleolin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nucleolin
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species ICC/IFHuman
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody has been affinity-purified using the immunizing peptide immobilized on agarose.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50279 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.
FunctionNucleolin is the major nucleolar protein of growing eukaryotic cells. It is found associated with intranucleolar chromatin and pre-ribosomal particles. It induces chromatin decondensation by binding to histone H1. It is thought to play a role in pre-rRNA transcription and ribosome assembly. May play a role in the process of transcriptional elongation. Binds RNA oligonucleotides with 5'-UUAGGG-3' repeats more tightly than the telomeric single-stranded DNA 5'-TTAGGG-3' repeats.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
modificationsSome glutamate residues are glycylated by TTLL8. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in a glycine chain on the gamma-carboxyl group.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus. Cytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Information by UniProt
- C23 antibody
- FLJ45706 antibody
- MS1116 antibody
ab50279 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- LaClair KD et al. Congenic expression of poly-GA but not poly-PR in mice triggers selective neuron loss and interferon responses found in C9orf72 ALS. Acta Neuropathol 140:121-142 (2020). PubMed: 32562018
- Mersaoui SY et al. Arginine methylation of the DDX5 helicase RGG/RG motif by PRMT5 regulates resolution of RNA:DNA hybrids. EMBO J 38:e100986 (2019). PubMed: 31267554
- Okamoto Y et al. FANCD2 protects genome stability by recruiting RNA processing enzymes to resolve R-loops during mild replication stress. FEBS J 286:139-150 (2019). PubMed: 30431240
- Salas-Armenteros I et al. Human THO-Sin3A interaction reveals new mechanisms to prevent R-loops that cause genome instability. EMBO J 36:3532-3547 (2017). PubMed: 29074626
- Edvardson S et al. Heterozygous De Novo UBTF Gain-of-Function Variant Is Associated with Neurodegeneration in Childhood. Am J Hum Genet 101:267-273 (2017). PubMed: 28777933