Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nucleostemin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nucleostemin antibody
See all Nucleostemin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nucleostemin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Dog, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 500 and the C-terminus (residue 549) of human Nucleostemin (NP_055181.3)
- HeLa, 293T and mouse 3T3 whole cell lysates.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab70346 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to Nucleostemin immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70346 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionMay be required to maintain the proliferative capacity of stem cells and may play an important role in tumorigenesis.
Tissue specificityIncreased levels in lung tissue in cancer patients.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MMR1/HSR1 GTP-binding protein family.
Contains 1 G (guanine nucleotide-binding) domain.
DomainThe basic domain (B) allows nucleolar localization in the absence of GTP. The intermediate domain (I) inhibits nucleolar localization by the B domain and is required for exit from the nucleolus. Exit from the nucleolus to the nucleoplasm requires both the I and the acidic (A) domains, and may be triggered by GTP hydrolysis.
In contrast to other GTP-binding proteins, this family is characterized by a circular permutation of the GTPase motifs described by a G4-G1-G3 pattern.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus > nucleolus. Shuttles between the nucleus and nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
- C77032 antibody
- E2 induced gene 3 protein antibody
- E2-induced gene 3 protein antibody
ICC/IF image of ab70346 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70346, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human skin carcinoma tissue labelling Nucleostemin with ab70346 at 1/1000 (0.2µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
All lanes : Anti-Nucleostemin antibody (ab70346) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : mouse 3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 62 kDa
Observed band size: 62 kDa
Exposure time: 10 seconds
Detection of Nucleostemin by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate. All lanes: ab70346 at 1µg/ml staining Nucleostemin in HeLa whole cell lysates immunoprecipitated at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane) using the following antibodies: Lane 1: an irrelevant antibody. Lane 2: ab70345 Lane 3: ab70346. Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 3 seconds
Immunohistochemistical detection of Nucleostemin with ab70346 on formaldehyde-fixed paraffin-embedded human colon sections. Antigen retrieval step: heat mediated in citric acid pH6 buffer. Blocking step: 1% BSA for 10 mins @ rt°C. Primary antibody ab70346 incubated at 1/50 for 16 hours in TBS/BSA/azide. Secondary antibody: anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to biotin (1/200). The intestinal epithelium is the most rapidly self-renewing tissue in adult mammals. Stem cell markers have been observed in cycling columnar cells at the crypt base (Nature 449, 1003-1007; 2007). The cells (nuclei of the simple columnar epithelium of the upper mucosa) immunoreactive for Nucleostemin in this image (green arrowheads) anatomically correspond to the same cells expected to be Lgr5 positivite. A red arrowhead indicates nucleolar positivity in one of many cell nuclei in the Lamina propria of the mucosa (this area is not known for stem cell posit
ab70346 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Ho TC et al. PEDF-derived peptide promotes tendon regeneration through its mitogenic effect on tendon stem/progenitor cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:2 (2019). PubMed: 30606221
- Francipane MG et al. Establishment and Characterization of 5-Fluorouracil-Resistant Human Colorectal Cancer Stem-Like Cells: Tumor Dynamics under Selection Pressure. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31013771
- Yildirim GD et al. High nucleostemin expression has a favorable prognostic effect on gastric carcinomas Turk J Med Sci 48:484-490 (2018). PubMed: 29914242
- Sen Gupta A et al. Nucleolin modulates compartmentalization and dynamics of histone 2B-ECFP in the nucleolus. Nucleus 9:350-367 (2018). PubMed: 29943658
- Turi Z et al. Perturbation of RNA Polymerase I transcription machinery by ablation of HEATR1 triggers the RPL5/RPL11-MDM2-p53 ribosome biogenesis stress checkpoint pathway in human cells. Cell Cycle 17:92-101 (2018). PubMed: 29143558
- Lu M et al. Dual-modal photoacoustic and magnetic resonance tracking of tendon stem cells with PLGA/iron oxide microparticles in vitro. PLoS One 13:e0193362 (2018). PubMed: 29608568
- Kim SJ et al. Effect of Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate-Platelet-Rich Plasma on Tendon-Derived Stem Cells and Rotator Cuff Tendon Tear. Cell Transplant 26:867-878 (2017). PubMed: 28105983
- Mazor M et al. Progenitor Cells from Cartilage: Grade Specific Differences in Stem Cell Marker Expression. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28805694
- Allen KD et al. Nucleolar integrity is required for the maintenance of long-term synaptic plasticity. PLoS One 9:e104364 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 25089620