Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NUP88
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NUP88 antibody
See all NUP88 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NUP88
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human NUP88 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa whole cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79785 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 87 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).|
FunctionEssential component of nuclear pore complex.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nuclear pore complex.
- Information by UniProt
- 88 kDa nucleoporin antibody
- karyoporin antibody
- Nuclear pore complex protein 88 antibody
Anti-NUP88 antibody (ab79785) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 87 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 minutes
Nuclear pore complex protein Nup88 contains a number of potential phosphorylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight (87 kDa) than predicted (83 kDa).
ab79785 (1/200) staining NUP88 in HeLa cells (green). Cells were fixed in methanol and counterstained with DAPI in order to highligh the nucleus (red). Please refer to Abreview for further experimental details.
ab79785 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Fichtman B et al. Pathogenic Variants in NUP214 Cause "Plugged" Nuclear Pore Channels and Acute Febrile Encephalopathy. Am J Hum Genet 105:48-64 (2019). PubMed: 31178128
- Zhang K et al. Stress Granule Assembly Disrupts Nucleocytoplasmic Transport. Cell 173:958-971.e17 (2018). PubMed: 29628143
- Grima JC et al. Mutant Huntingtin Disrupts the Nuclear Pore Complex. Neuron 94:93-107.e6 (2017). PubMed: 28384479
- Sugiyama K et al. Calpain-Dependent Degradation of Nucleoporins Contributes to Motor Neuron Death in a Mouse Model of Chronic Excitotoxicity. J Neurosci 37:8830-8844 (2017). PubMed: 28821644