Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MDQ] to OATP1B1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-OATP1B1 antibody [MDQ]
See all OATP1B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MDQ] to OATP1B1
SpecificityAb15442 will also cross react with OATP8.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
- Human liver tissue slides.
This product was previously labelled as OATP2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15442 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionMediates the Na(+)-independent uptake of organic anions such as pravastatin, taurocholate, methotrexate, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, 17-beta-glucuronosyl estradiol, estrone sulfate, prostaglandin E2, thromboxane B2, leukotriene C3, leukotriene E4, thyroxine and triiodothyronine. May play an important role in the clearance of bile acids and organic anions from the liver.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in liver. Not detected in heart, brain, placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, testis, ovary, small intestine, colon and leukocyte.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the organo anion transporter (TC 2.A.60) family.
Contains 1 Kazal-like domain.
Cellular localizationBasolateral cell membrane. Detected in basolateral membranes of hepatocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- Liver-specific organic anion transporter 1 antibody
- LST-1 antibody
- LST1 antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of HepG2 cells labeling OATP1B1 (green) with ab15542 at 1/20. F-Actin staining with Phalloidin (red) and nuclei with DAPI (blue). Cells were fixed with formaldehyde and incubated with the primary antibody overnight at 4°C. A DyLight 488-conjugated secondary antibody was used. 60X magnification. Right - negative control.
ab15442 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Imada S et al. Central bisectionectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma in a patient with indocyanine green excretory defect associated with reduced expression of the liver transporter. Surg Case Rep 2:89 (2016). PubMed: 27589984
- Peng JF et al. Role of miR-511 in the Regulation of OATP1B1 Expression by Free Fatty Acid. Biomol Ther (Seoul) 23:400-6 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26336578
- Sticova E et al. Down-regulation of OATP1B proteins correlates with hyperbilirubinemia in advanced cholestasis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:5252-62 (2015). PubMed: 26191226