Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Oct-1
- Suitable for: EMSA, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Oct-1 antibody
See all Oct-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Oct-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: EMSA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human Oct-1 aa 700 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P14859
- Tonsil WB: Jurkat lysate
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15112 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|EMSA||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20143233|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3') and activates the promoters of the genes for some small nuclear RNAs (snRNA) and of genes such as those for histone H2B and immunoglobulins. Modulates transcription transactivation by NR3C1, AR and PGR (By similarity). In case of human herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection, POU2F1 forms a multiprotein-DNA complex with the viral transactivator protein VP16 and HCFC1 thereby enabling the transcription of the viral immediate early genes.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Isoform 2 is lymphocyte-specific.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-2 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ42836 antibody
- NF A1 antibody
- NF-A1 antibody
ab15112 staining Oct-1 in human tonsil by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections).
All lanes : Anti-Oct-1 antibody (ab15112) at 1/100 dilution (in TBST + 5% milk for 16 hours at 4°C)
All lanes : Whole cell lysate of human HEK293 cells
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : An HRP-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal at 1/1000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 89 kDa
Observed band size: 89 kDa
Additional bands at: 30 kDa, 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 seconds
Blocking Step: 5% Milk for 1 hour at 22°C
ab15112 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Takayama KI et al. Integrative Genomic Analysis of OCT1 Reveals Coordinated Regulation of Androgen Receptor in Advanced Prostate Cancer. Endocrinology 160:463-472 (2019). PubMed: 30649323
- Yamamoto S et al. Identification of new octamer transcription factor 1-target genes upregulated in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Cancer Sci 110:3476-3485 (2019). PubMed: 31454442
- Kitamura H et al. Ubiquitin-Specific Protease 2 Modulates the Lipopolysaccharide-Elicited Expression of Proinflammatory Cytokines in Macrophage-like HL-60 Cells. Mediators Inflamm 2017:6909415 (2017). PubMed: 29138532
- Oguri T et al. Organic cation transporter 6 directly confers resistance to anticancer platinum drugs. Biomed Rep 5:639-643 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27882231
- Wang L et al. Actin polymerization negatively regulates p53 function by impairing its nuclear import in response to DNA damage. PLoS One 8:e60179 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23565200
- Hernández A et al. Human promoter mutations unveil Oct-1 and GATA-1 opposite action on Gfi1b regulation. Ann Hematol 89:759-65 (2010). EMSA ; Human . PubMed: 20143233
- Zhou C et al. Oct-1 induces pituitary tumor transforming gene expression in endocrine tumors. Endocr Relat Cancer 15:817-31 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18550719
- Meyer KB et al. Allele-Specific Up-Regulation of FGFR2 Increases Susceptibility to Breast Cancer. PLoS Biol 6:e108 (2008). EMSA ; Human . PubMed: 18462018
- Jia L et al. Genomic androgen receptor-occupied regions with different functions, defined by histone acetylation, coregulators and transcriptional capacity. PLoS ONE 3:e3645 (2008). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 18997859