Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP543Y] to Oct-2
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Oct-2 antibody [EP543Y]
See all Oct-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP543Y] to Oct-2
SpecificityThis antibody may detect the isoform 2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Oct-2 aa 400-500. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P09086
- Raji cell lysate
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33919 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/20000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa.|
FunctionTranscription factor that specifically binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Regulates transcription in a number of tissues in addition to activating immunoglobulin gene expression. Modulates transcription transactivation by NR3C1, AR and PGR. Isoform 5 activates the U2 small nuclear RNA (snRNA) promoter.
Tissue specificityIsoform 3 is B-cell specific. Isoform 5 is expressed in B-cells and the immunoglobulin-expressing T-cell line MOLT-4, but not in the T-cell line BW5147.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-2 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- class 2 antibody
- Lymphoid restricted immunoglobulin octamer binding protein antibody
- Lymphoid-restricted immunoglobulin octamer-binding protein NF-A2 antibody
Anti-Oct-2 antibody [EP543Y] (ab33919) at 1/50000 dilution + Raji cell lysate
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab33919 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wei L et al. Functional role of PLCE1 intronic insertion variant associated with susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis 39:191-201 (2018). PubMed: 29106514
- Oguri T et al. Organic cation transporter 6 directly confers resistance to anticancer platinum drugs. Biomed Rep 5:639-643 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27882231
- Winiarska M et al. Prenyltransferases Regulate CD20 Protein Levels and Influence Anti-CD20 Monoclonal Antibody-mediated Activation of Complement-dependent Cytotoxicity. J Biol Chem 287:31983-93 (2012). ChIP . PubMed: 22843692