Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR12482] to Oct-2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Oct-2 antibody [EPR12482]
See all Oct-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR12482] to Oct-2
The Oct-2 targeted by ab179808 is POU domain, class 2, transcription factor 2 (SwissProt ID: P09086).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human Oct-2. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P09086
- WB: Raji whole cell lysate. Rat and mouse brain tissue lysates; IP: Raji whole cell lysate; ICC/IF: Ramos; Flow-cyt: Raji cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab179808 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa.
For unpurified use at 1/1000 - 1/5000.
For unpurified use at 1/100 - 1/250.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
For unpurified use at 1/100 - 1/500.
For unpurified use at 1/10 - 1/100.
FunctionTranscription factor that specifically binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Regulates transcription in a number of tissues in addition to activating immunoglobulin gene expression. Modulates transcription transactivation by NR3C1, AR and PGR. Isoform 5 activates the U2 small nuclear RNA (snRNA) promoter.
Tissue specificityIsoform 3 is B-cell specific. Isoform 5 is expressed in B-cells and the immunoglobulin-expressing T-cell line MOLT-4, but not in the T-cell line BW5147.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-2 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- class 2 antibody
- Lymphoid restricted immunoglobulin octamer binding protein antibody
- Lymphoid-restricted immunoglobulin octamer-binding protein NF-A2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Oct-2 antibody [EPR12482] (ab179808) at 1/5000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma B lymphocyte) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse brain lysate
Lane 3 : Rat brain lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Blocking/Diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
The observed bands are consistent with what are described in PMID: 26993806.
Purified ab179808 at 1/30 dilution (2ug) immunoprecipitating Oct-2 in Raji whole cell lysate.
Lane 1 (input): Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma B lymphocyte) whole cell lysate (10µg)
Lane 2 (+): ab179808 + Raji whole cell lysate.
Lane 3 (-): Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab179808 in Raji whole cell lysate.
VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366) (1/1000) was used for Western blotting.
Blocking Buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Observed band size: 58 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of Ramos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma B lymphocyte) cells labeling Oct-2 with purified ab179808 at 1/200 (2.7 µg/mL). Cells were fixed in 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% tritonX-100. Cells were counterstained with ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.5 µg/mL). Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at 1/1000 (2 µg/mL) dilution. DAPI (blue) was used as nuclear counterstain. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the secondary antibody only control.
Flow Cytometry analysis of Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma B lymphocyte) cells labeling Oct-2 with purified ab179808 at 1/50 dilution (10 µg/mL) (Red). Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% Methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) secondary antibody was used at 1/2000. Isotype control - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black). Unlabeled control - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
ab179808 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Gao H et al. Omeprazole protects against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by alleviating oxidative stress, inflammation, and transporter-mediated cisplatin accumulation in rats and HK-2?cells. Chem Biol Interact 297:130-140 (2019). PubMed: 30452898
- Song H et al. BRD4 promotes the stemness of gastric cancer cells via attenuating miR-216a-3p-mediated inhibition of Wnt/ß-catenin signaling. Eur J Pharmacol 852:189-197 (2019). PubMed: 30876979
- Jiang Y et al. Fluorofenidone protects against acute kidney injury. FASEB J 33:14325-14336 (2019). PubMed: 31661638
- Kitamura H et al. Ubiquitin-Specific Protease 2 Modulates the Lipopolysaccharide-Elicited Expression of Proinflammatory Cytokines in Macrophage-like HL-60 Cells. Mediators Inflamm 2017:6909415 (2017). PubMed: 29138532
- He R et al. Different effect of testosterone and oestrogen on urinary excretion of metformin via regulating OCTs and MATEs expression in the kidney of mice. J Cell Mol Med 20:2309-2317 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27469532