Product nameAnti-Oct-2 antibody [EPR12482]
See all Oct-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR12482] to Oct-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human Oct-2. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P09086
- Ramos, Raji and Daudi cell lysates; Raji cells; Daudi cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab179808 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionTranscription factor that specifically binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Regulates transcription in a number of tissues in addition to activating immunoglobulin gene expression. Modulates transcription transactivation by NR3C1, AR and PGR. Isoform 5 activates the U2 small nuclear RNA (snRNA) promoter.
Tissue specificityIsoform 3 is B-cell specific. Isoform 5 is expressed in B-cells and the immunoglobulin-expressing T-cell line MOLT-4, but not in the T-cell line BW5147.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-2 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- class 2 antibody
- Lymphoid restricted immunoglobulin octamer binding protein antibody
- Lymphoid-restricted immunoglobulin octamer-binding protein NF-A2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Oct-2 antibody [EPR12482] (ab179808) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 2 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 3 : Daudi cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of Raji cells labeling Oct-2 with ab179808 at 1:100.
Immunoprecipitation of Oct-2 from Raji cell lysate using ab179808 at 1:10 for IP (lane 1) or 1X PBS (negative control) (lane 2), and HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG preferentially detecting the non-reduced form of rabbit IgG.
Flow Cytometrical analysis of permeabilized Daudi cells labeling Oct-2 with ab179808 at 1:100 (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
This product has been referenced in:
- Gao H et al. Omeprazole protects against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by alleviating oxidative stress, inflammation, and transporter-mediated cisplatin accumulation in rats and HK-2?cells. Chem Biol Interact 297:130-140 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30452898) »
- Song H et al. BRD4 promotes the stemness of gastric cancer cells via attenuating miR-216a-3p-mediated inhibition of Wnt/ß-catenin signaling. Eur J Pharmacol 852:189-197 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30876979) »