Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Oct4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Oct4 antibody
See all Oct4 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Oct4
SpecificityAccording to the UniProt database Oct4 is mainly localized in the nucleus but can also occur in the cytoplasm: UniProtKB - Q01860
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Oct4 aa 300 to the C-terminus (C terminal).
(Peptide available as
- Human or Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
This product may contain up to 3% BSA depending on the batch. For specific batch formulations please contact us.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesAffinity Purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27985 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Oct4 peptide (ab20650).|
FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Forms a trimeric complex with SOX2 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206. Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
Tissue specificityExpressed in developing brain. Highest levels found in specific cell layers of the cortex, the olfactory bulb, the hippocampus and the cerebellum. Low levels of expression in adult tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-5 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
Developmental stageHighly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and expression decreases gradually after embryoid body (EB) formation.
DomainThe POU-specific domain mediates interaction with PKM2.
modificationsSumoylation enhances the protein stability, DNA binding and transactivation activity. Sumoylation is required for enhanced YES1 expression.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination by WWP2 leading to proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Expressed in a diffuse and slightly punctuate pattern.
- Information by UniProt
- Octamer binding transcription factor 4 antibody
- MGC22487 antibody
- Oct 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Oct4 antibody (ab27985) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat IgG secondary antibody (ab28445) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The antibody recognised a band corresponding to Oct4 in mouse and human embryonic stem cell lysates.
ab27985 recognizes Oct4 in mouse embryonic stem cells. DAPI staining is shown in the top panel while ab27985 staining is shown in the lower panel.
ab27985 has been referenced in 53 publications.
- Shrestha R et al. Aberrant hiPSCs-Derived from Human Keratinocytes Differentiates into 3D Retinal Organoids that Acquire Mature Photoreceptors. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30634512
- Chu C et al. Homologous recombination-mediated targeted integration in monkey embryos using TALE nucleases. BMC Biotechnol 19:7 (2019). PubMed: 30646876
- Martin RM et al. Highly Efficient and Marker-free Genome Editing of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells by CRISPR-Cas9 RNP and AAV6 Donor-Mediated Homologous Recombination. Cell Stem Cell 24:821-828.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31051134
- Noor N et al. 3D Printing of Personalized Thick and Perfusable Cardiac Patches and Hearts. Adv Sci (Weinh) 6:1900344 (2019). PubMed: 31179230
- Liu J et al. Deriving rabbit embryonic stem cells by small molecule inhibitors. Am J Transl Res 11:5122-5133 (2019). PubMed: 31497228