Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to OGDH - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-OGDH antibody - C-terminal
See all OGDH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to OGDH - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Cow
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a region within C terminal amino acids 705-1000 of Human OGDH (Uniprot ID: Q02218).
- 293T, A431, H1299, HeLa S3, HepG2, MOLT4, Mouse brain and Raji whole cell lysates; HeLa cells; Human Cal27 xenograft tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 79% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137773 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 116 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionThe 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complex catalyzes the overall conversion of 2-oxoglutarate to succinyl-CoA and CO(2). It contains multiple copies of three enzymatic components: 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase (E1), dihydrolipoamide succinyltransferase (E2) and lipoamide dehydrogenase (E3).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 2 oxoglutarate dehydrogenase antibody
- 2 oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complex component E1 antibody
- 2 oxoglutarate dehydrogenase mitochondrial antibody
All lanes : Anti-OGDH antibody - C-terminal (ab137773) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : H1299 whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa S3 whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : HepG2 whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : MOLT4 whole cell lysate
Lane 7 : Raji whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 116 kDa
7.5% SDS PAGE
Anti-OGDH antibody - C-terminal (ab137773) at 1/5000 dilution + Mouse brain whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 116 kDa
7.5% SDS PAGE
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol-fixed HeLa cells labelling ODGH using ab137773 at 1/500 dilution. Right image shows cells co-stained with Hoechst 33342.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human Cal27 xenograft tissue labelling OGDH with ab135660 at 1/500 dilution
ab137773 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yang Q et al. Metabolic changes during malignant transformation in primary cells of oral lichen planus: Succinate accumulation and tumour suppression. J Cell Mol Med 24:1179-1188 (2020). PubMed: 31793175
- Lu X et al. OGDH mediates the inhibition of SIRT5 on cell proliferation and migration of gastric cancer. Exp Cell Res 382:111483 (2019). PubMed: 31247190
- Lu X et al. OGDH promotes the progression of gastric cancer by regulating mitochondrial bioenergetics and Wnt/ß-catenin signal pathway. Onco Targets Ther 12:7489-7500 (2019). PubMed: 31686854
- Chalker J et al. Characterization of the impact of glutaredoxin-2 (GRX2) deficiency on superoxide/hydrogen peroxide release from cardiac and liver mitochondria. Redox Biol 15:216-227 (2018). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29274570
- Mailloux RJ et al. Induction of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production by GSH mediated S-glutathionylation of 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase. Redox Biol 8:285-97 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26928132
- Gao J et al. CLUH regulates mitochondrial biogenesis by binding mRNAs of nuclear-encoded mitochondrial proteins. J Cell Biol 207:213-23 (2014). PubMed: 25349259