Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4664(2)] to Ogg1
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Ogg1 antibody [EPR4664(2)]
See all Ogg1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4664(2)] to Ogg1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Ogg1 aa 300 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HeLa, JAR, Raji, NCCIT and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900). Human cerebellum tissue lysate.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.75 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124741 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
FunctionDNA repair enzyme that incises DNA at 8-oxoG residues. Excises 7,8-dihydro-8-oxoguanine and 2,6-diamino-4-hydroxy-5-N-methylformamidopyrimidine (FAPY) from damaged DNA. Has a beta-lyase activity that nicks DNA 3' to the lesion.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in OGG1 may be a cause of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) [MIM:144700]. It is a heterogeneous group of sporadic or hereditary carcinoma derived from cells of the proximal renal tubular epithelium. It is subclassified into clear cell renal carcinoma (non-papillary carcinoma), papillary renal cell carcinoma, chromophobe renal cell carcinoma, collecting duct carcinoma with medullary carcinoma of the kidney, and unclassified renal cell carcinoma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type-1 OGG1 family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion; Nucleus and Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus speckle. Nucleus matrix. Together with APEX1 is recruited to nuclear speckles in UVA-irradiated cells.
- Information by UniProt
- 8 hydroxyguanine DNA glycosylase antibody
- 8 oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 antibody
- 8 oxoguanine DNA glycosylase antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: Ogg1 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HepG2 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab124741 observed at 38 kDa. Red - loading control, ab18058, observed at 124 kDa.
ab124741 was shown to recognize Ogg1 when Ogg1 knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and Ogg1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab124741 and ab18058 (loading control to vinculin) were diluted 1/2000 and 1/10 000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed withGoat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-Ogg1 antibody [EPR4664(2)] (ab124741) at 1/50000 dilution (purified)
Lane 1 : JAR cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 4 : NCCIT cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Peroxidase-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG, (H+L) at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 39 kDa
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
All lanes : Anti-Ogg1 antibody [EPR4664(2)] (ab124741) at 1/10000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : Human cerebellum tissue lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : JAR cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 39 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124741 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Maynard S et al. Lamin A/C promotes DNA base excision repair. Nucleic Acids Res 47:11709-11728 (2019). PubMed: 31647095
- Pan L et al. Epigenetic regulation of TIMP1 expression by 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase-1 binding to DNA:RNA hybrid. FASEB J 33:14159-14170 (2019). PubMed: 31652414
- Sakata K et al. The Role of DNA Repair Glycosylase OGG1 in Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma. Anticancer Res 39:3241-3248 (2019). PubMed: 31177174
- Wang R et al. OGG1-initiated base excision repair exacerbates oxidative stress-induced parthanatos. Cell Death Dis 9:628 (2018). PubMed: 29795387
- Li M et al. APE1 deficiency promotes cellular senescence and premature aging features. Nucleic Acids Res 46:5664-5677 (2018). PubMed: 29750271