Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to OLFM4
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-OLFM4 antibody
See all OLFM4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to OLFM4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human OLFM4 aa 450 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- In Western Blot, ab85046 gave a positive signal in Human liver tissue lysate. In IF, this antibody gave a positive signal in T84 cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa).|
FunctionAn antiapoptotic factor that promotes tumor growth. Promotes proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells by favoring the transition from the S to G2/M phase. Facilitates cell adhesion.
Tissue specificityExpressed during myeloid lineage development. Strongly expressed in the prostate, small intestine and colon and moderately expressed in the bone marrow and stomach. Highly expressed in pancreatic cancer tissues and shows an elevated expression level during the early S phase of the cell cycle. Also expressed at high levels in stomach cancer and colon cancer tissues.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 olfactomedin-like domain.
DomainThe olfactomedin-like domain is involved in the interaction with cadherin.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space. According to PubMed:15059901, found in mitochondrion and nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Antiapoptotic protein GW112 antibody
- bA209J19.1 antibody
- G-CSF-stimulated clone 1 protein antibody
ab85046 stained T84 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed for 10 minutes at room temperature and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1hour at room temperature to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab85046 at 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (pseudo-colored green) was Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed (ab150081) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1hour at room temperature. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (pseudo-colored red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (pseudo-colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM for 1hour at room temperature.
Anti-OLFM4 antibody (ab85046) at 1 µg/ml + Human liver tissue lysate - total protein at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/1000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Additional bands at: 105 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 45 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 60 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 4 minutes
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab85046 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab85046 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Ohkuma R et al. High expression of olfactomedin-4 is correlated with chemoresistance and poor prognosis in pancreatic cancer. PLoS One 15:e0226707 (2020). PubMed: 31923206
- Wu A et al. Transmissible gastroenteritis virus targets Paneth cells to inhibit the self-renewal and differentiation of Lgr5 intestinal stem cells via Notch signaling. Cell Death Dis 11:40 (2020). PubMed: 31959773
- Zhang P et al. Dissecting the Single-Cell Transcriptome Network Underlying Gastric Premalignant Lesions and Early Gastric Cancer. Cell Rep 27:1934-1947.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31067475
- Shao S et al. Neutrophil exosomes enhance the skin autoinflammation in generalized pustular psoriasis via activating keratinocytes. FASEB J 33:6813-6828 (2019). PubMed: 30811955
- Balbinot C et al. The Cdx2 homeobox gene suppresses intestinal tumorigenesis through non-cell-autonomous mechanisms. J Exp Med 215:911-926 (2018). PubMed: 29439001