Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Olig1
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Olig1 antibody
See all Olig1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Olig1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human, Pig, Chimpanzee, Monkey, Baboon, Common marmoset
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: Whole serum, PBS
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68105 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/100 - 1/600.
1/100 - 1/600.
FunctionPromotes formation and maturation of oligodendrocytes, especially within the brain. Cooperates with OLIG2 to establish the pMN domain of the embryonic neural tube.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain, in oligodendrocytes. Strongly expressed in oligodendrogliomas, while expression is weak to moderate in astrocytomas. Expression in glioblastomas is highly variable.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Basic domain helix loop helix protein class B 6 antibody
- Basic domain helix loop helix protein class B6 antibody
- BHLH B6 antibody
ab68105 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Goncalves MB et al. Regulation of Myelination by Exosome Associated Retinoic Acid Release from NG2-Positive Cells. J Neurosci 39:3013-3027 (2019). PubMed: 30760627
- Jäkel S et al. Altered human oligodendrocyte heterogeneity in multiple sclerosis. Nature 566:543-547 (2019). PubMed: 30747918
- Li J et al. Presence of White Matter Lesions Associated with Diabetes-Associated Cognitive Decline in Male Rat Models of Pre-Type 2 Diabetes. Med Sci Monit 25:9679-9689 (2019). PubMed: 31848329
- Falcão AM et al. Disease-specific oligodendrocyte lineage cells arise in multiple sclerosis. Nat Med 24:1837-1844 (2018). PubMed: 30420755
- Szymanski CR et al. Paranode Abnormalities and Oxidative Stress in Optic Nerve Vulnerable to Secondary Degeneration: Modulation by 670 nm Light Treatment. PLoS One 8:e66448 (2013). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 23840470
- Jakovcevski I & Zecevic N Olig transcription factors are expressed in oligodendrocyte and neuronal cells in human fetal CNS. J Neurosci 25:10064-73 (2005). PubMed: 16267213