Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6790] to Olig1
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Olig1 antibody [EPR6790]
See all Olig1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6790] to Olig1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive)
- MOLT4, SHSY-5Y, 293T and C6 cell lysates; 293T cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.40 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124908 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 27 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPromotes formation and maturation of oligodendrocytes, especially within the brain. Cooperates with OLIG2 to establish the pMN domain of the embryonic neural tube.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain, in oligodendrocytes. Strongly expressed in oligodendrogliomas, while expression is weak to moderate in astrocytomas. Expression in glioblastomas is highly variable.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Basic domain helix loop helix protein class B 6 antibody
- Basic domain helix loop helix protein class B6 antibody
- BHLH B6 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Olig1 antibody [EPR6790] (ab124908) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : MOLT4 cell lysate
Lane 2 : SHSY-5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 4 : C6 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 27 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized 293T cells using ab124908 at 1/10 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG negative control (green).
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124908 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Jiang H et al. Amelioration of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis through transplantation of placental derived mesenchymal stem cells. Sci Rep 7:41837 (2017). PubMed: 28186117
- Cheng T et al. Effect of OLIG1 on the development of oligodendrocytes and myelination in a neonatal rat PVL model induced by hypoxia-ischemia. Mol Med Rep 11:2379-86 (2015). WB, IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 25435330