Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Olig2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42453 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionRequired for oligodendrocyte and motor neuron specification in the spinal cord, as well as for the development of somatic motor neurons in the hindbrain. Cooperates with OLIG1 to establish the pMN domain of the embryonic neural tube. Antagonist of V2 interneuron and of NKX2-2-induced V3 interneuron development.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain, in oligodendrocytes. Strongly expressed in oligodendrogliomas, while expression is weak to moderate in astrocytomas. Expression in glioblastomas highly variable.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving OLIG2 may be a cause of a form of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL). Translocation t(14;21)(q11.2;q22) with TCRA.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
DomainThe bHLH is essential for interaction with NKX2-2.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. The NLS contained in the bHLH domain could be masked in the native form and translocation to the nucleus could be mediated by interaction either with class E bHLH partner protein or with NKX2-2.
- Information by UniProt
- Basic domain helix loop helix protein class B 1 antibody
- Basic helix loop helix protein class B 1 antibody
- BHLHB antibody
Anti-Olig2 antibody (ab42453) at 0.5 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk/PBS buffer) + Jurkat cell lysate
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 28 kDa, 38 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab42453 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Fan H et al. MsrA Suppresses Inflammatory Activation of Microglia and Oxidative Stress to Prevent Demyelination via Inhibition of the NOX2-MAPKs/NF-?B Signaling Pathway. Drug Des Devel Ther 14:1377-1389 (2020). PubMed: 32308370
- Oh J et al. Malignant gliomas can be converted to non-proliferating glial cells by treatment with a combination of small molecules. Oncol Rep 41:361-368 (2019). PubMed: 30365111
- Alamir H et al. In situ characterization of stem cells-like biomarkers in meningiomas. Cancer Cell Int 18:77 (2018). PubMed: 29849507
- Sharma A et al. Angiogenic Gene Signature Derived from Subtype Specific Cell Models Segregate Proneural and Mesenchymal Glioblastoma. Front Oncol 7:146 (2017). PubMed: 28744448
- Kiely AP et al. a-Synucleinopathy associated with G51D SNCA mutation: a link between Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophy? Acta Neuropathol 125:753-69 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23404372
- Wang K et al. Dynamic epigenetic regulation of the Oct4 and Nanog regulatory regions during neural differentiation in rhesus nuclear transfer embryonic stem cells. Cloning Stem Cells 11:483-96 (2009). ICC/IF ; Rhesus monkey . PubMed: 20025521