Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein - Oligodendrocyte Marker
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein antibody - Oligodendrocyte Marker
See all Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein - Oligodendrocyte Marker
Detects endogenous levels of total Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein (C terminal).
Database link: O75508
- WB: Mouse brain extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53041 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlays a major role in tight junction-specific obliteration of the intercellular space, through calcium-independent cell-adhesion activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claudin family.
Cellular localizationCell junction > tight junction. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Claudin 11 antibody
- Claudin-11 antibody
- CLD11_HUMAN antibody
IF image of ab53041 staining cryopreserved rat cortical neurons grown for 20 to 29 DIV.
Right panel showing a non treated culture (Control).
Left panel showing cultures treated with Triodothyronine (T3), 60ng/mL, starting at 10 DIV.
Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde containing 0.2% picric acid in 0.1M phosphate buffer, pH 6.9 for 20 minutes.
The cells were then incubated at 4°C over night with ab53041 (1:200) diluted in PBS containing 0.3% Triton-X 100 (PBSTx).
The secondary antibody used was ab150068 (1:200).
ab53041 staining Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein in mixed glia prepared from mouse brain by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were fixed in ice-cold methanol and then blocked using 20% serum with 0.5% Saponin for 1 hour at 4°C. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/200 for 2 hours at 23°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 (green) used at a 1/400 dilution. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab53041 has been referenced in 48 publications.
- Goncalves MB et al. Regulation of Myelination by Exosome Associated Retinoic Acid Release from NG2-Positive Cells. J Neurosci 39:3013-3027 (2019). PubMed: 30760627
- Harkness L et al. Fibronectin-conjugated thermoresponsive nanobridges generate three dimensional human pluripotent stem cell cultures for differentiation towards the neural lineages. Stem Cell Res 38:101441 (2019). PubMed: 31082678
- Miwa T et al. Role of Dach1 revealed using a novel inner ear-specific Dach1-knockdown mouse model. Biol Open 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31405829
- Paschon V et al. VDAC1 is essential for neurite maintenance and the inhibition of its oligomerization protects spinal cord from demyelination and facilitates locomotor function recovery after spinal cord injury. Sci Rep 9:14063 (2019). PubMed: 31575916
- Hwang SN et al. Heterogeneity of GRIM-19 Expression in the Adult Mouse Brain. Cell Mol Neurobiol 39:935-951 (2019). PubMed: 31111264