Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein - Oligodendrocyte Marker
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein antibody - Oligodendrocyte Marker
See all Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein - Oligodendrocyte Marker
SpecificityReacts specifically with 22 kDa protein derived from CNS samples.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
A 15 residue synthetic C-terminal peptide.
- WB: rat CNS and mouse brain and testis
General notesThe concentration depends on the batch, please enquire for current stock concentration.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7474 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/500.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlays a major role in tight junction-specific obliteration of the intercellular space, through calcium-independent cell-adhesion activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claudin family.
Cellular localizationCell junction > tight junction. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Claudin 11 antibody
- Claudin-11 antibody
- CLD11_HUMAN antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of adult mouse testis tissue, staining Oligodendrocyte Specific Protein (red) with ab7474.
Tissue was blocked with 5% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in 1% BSA) for 1 hour at 25°C. A TRITC-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunofluorescent staining for OSP obtained with OSP antibody (ab7474) in rat brain cortex. The picture shows oligodendrocyte immunostaining in the cingular cortex. Picture taken with X20 objective, cells stained are ~30microns in diameter. Animals were intracardially perfused with 4% PFA. Tissue was post-fixed overnight in the same fixative, cryoprotected in 20% sucrose and frozen in OCT. Protocol : free floating IHC on 30um cryostat sections. Primary antibody ab7474 was used at 1/100 and incubated overnight at RT. Secondary antibody, Alexa fluor 488 at 1/1000, incubated for 2h at RT.
IHC image of ab7474 staining in human hippocampus formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab7474, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab7474 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wellman SM et al. Revealing Spatial and Temporal Patterns of Cell Death, Glial Proliferation, and Blood-Brain Barrier Dysfunction Around Implanted Intracortical Neural Interfaces. Front Neurosci 13:493 (2019). PubMed: 31191216
- Raynald et al. Polypyrrole/polylactic acid nanofibrous scaffold cotransplanted with bone marrow stromal cells promotes the functional recovery of spinal cord injury in rats. CNS Neurosci Ther 25:951-964 (2019). PubMed: 31486601
- Pan J et al. Expression of claudin-11 in a rat model of varicocele and its effects on the blood-testis barrier. Mol Med Rep 18:5647-5651 (2018). PubMed: 30365105
- Zhao X et al. Neutrophil polarization by IL-27 as a therapeutic target for intracerebral hemorrhage. Nat Commun 8:602 (2017). PubMed: 28928459
- Matsunaga E et al. Identification of tool use acquisition-associated genes in the primate neocortex. Dev Growth Differ 57:484-95 (2015). PubMed: 26173833