Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to OPN3
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-OPN3 antibody
See all OPN3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to OPN3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human OPN3 (internal sequence).
- WB: Extracts from mouse brain cells. ICC/IF: MCF-7 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75285 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionMay play a role in encephalic photoreception.
Tissue specificityStrongly expressed in brain. Highly expressed in the preoptic area and paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus. Shows highly patterned expression in other regions of the brain, being enriched in selected regions of the cerebral cortex, cerebellar Purkinje cells, a subset of striatal neurons, selected thalamic nuclei, and a subset of interneurons in the ventral horn of the spinal cord.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Opsin subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- ECPN antibody
- Encephalopsin antibody
- ERO antibody
All lanes : Anti-OPN3 antibody (ab75285) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from mouse brain cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from mouse brain cells with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa
ab75285 staining OPN3 in MCF-7 cells by Immunofluorescence. Image on right when blocking peptide added.
ab75285 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Konishi H et al. A tumor-specific modulation of heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein A0 promotes excessive mitosis and growth in colorectal cancer cells. Cell Death Dis 11:245 (2020). PubMed: 32303675
- Xia T et al. miR-29b promotes the osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells derived from human adipose tissue via the PTEN/AKT/ß-catenin signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med 46:709-717 (2020). PubMed: 32468003
- Castellano-Pellicena I et al. Does blue light restore human epidermal barrier function via activation of Opsin during cutaneous wound healing? Lasers Surg Med 51:370-382 (2019). PubMed: 30168605
- Barreto Ortiz S et al. Opsin 3 and 4 mediate light-induced pulmonary vasorelaxation that is potentiated by G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2 inhibition. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 314:L93-L106 (2018). PubMed: 28882814
- El Massri N et al. Photobiomodulation reduces gliosis in the basal ganglia of aged mice. Neurobiol Aging 66:131-137 (2018). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 29571001
- Flyktman A et al. Transcranial light affects plasma monoamine levels and expression of brain encephalopsin in the mouse. J Exp Biol 218:1521-6 (2015). PubMed: 25805701
- Haltaufderhyde K et al. Opsin Expression in Human Epidermal Skin. Photochem Photobiol N/A:N/A (2014). WB . PubMed: 25267311
- Nissilä J et al. Encephalopsin (OPN3) protein abundance in the adult mouse brain. J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Phys 198:833-9 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22991144