Product nameAnti-Orai1 antibody
See all Orai1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Orai1
Specificityab59330 is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to Orai2 or Orai3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
An 18 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human Orai1.
- Human ovary tissue lysate and human spleen tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified IgG.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59330 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21632714|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19965684
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
FunctionCa(2+) release-activated Ca(2+) (CRAC) channel subunit which mediates Ca(2+) influx following depletion of intracellular Ca(2+) stores and channel activation by the Ca(2+) sensor, STIM1. CRAC channels are the main pathway for Ca(2+) influx in T-cells and promote the immune response to pathogens by activating the transcription factor NFAT.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ORAI1 are the cause of immune dysfunction with T-cell inactivation due to calcium entry defect type 1 (IDTICED1) [MIM:612782]. IDTICED1 is an immune disorder characterized by recurrent infections, impaired T-cell activation and proliferative response, decreased T-cell production of cytokines, and normal lymphocytes counts and serum immunoglobulin levels. In surviving patients ectodermal dysplasia with anhydrosis and non-progressive myopathy may be observed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Orai family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcium release activated calcium channel protein 1 antibody
- Calcium release activated calcium modulator 1 antibody
- Calcium release-activated calcium channel protein 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Orai1 antibody (ab59330) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : human ovary tissue lysate with no blocking peptide
Lane 2 : human ovary tissue lysate with blocking peptide
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Orai1 often migrates at a higher than expected molecular weight in SDS-PAGE.
ab59330 at 10ug/ml staining Orai1 in human spleen by Immunohistochemistry.
This product has been referenced in:
- Bastián-Eugenio CE et al. Heterologous calcium-dependent inactivation of Orai1 by neighboring TRPV1 channels modulates cell migration and wound healing. Commun Biol 2:88 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30854480) »
- Bohórquez-Hernández A et al. Cholesterol modulates the cellular localization of Orai1 channels and its disposition among membrane domains. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids 1862:1481-1490 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28919480) »