Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ORC1
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ORC1 antibody
See all ORC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ORC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Gorilla
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to a region between residues 811 and 861 of human ORC1 (NP_004144.2)
- HeLa and 293T whole cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tris citrate/phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab85830 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to ORC1 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85830 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 97 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 97 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionComponent of the origin recognition complex (ORC) that binds origins of replication. DNA-binding is ATP-dependent, however specific DNA sequences that define origins of replication have not been identified so far. ORC is required to assemble the pre-replication complex necessary to initiate DNA replication.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ORC1 family.
Contains 1 BAH domain.
Developmental stageExpression is cell-cycle regulated, it starts to accumulate in mid-G1 phase, reaches a peak at the G1/S boundary, and decreases to a basal level in S phase (at protein level).
- Information by UniProt
- HSORC1 antibody
- MmORC1 antibody
- orc1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ORC1 antibody (ab85830) at 0.4 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 97 kDa
Observed band size: 107 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Detection of Human ORC1 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
All lanes: ab85830 at 1µg/ml staining ORC1 in HeLa whole cell lysates immunoprecipitated at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane) using the following antibodies:
Lane 1: ab85830
Lane 2: Control IgG
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab85830 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Chen X et al. Up-regulated lncRNA XIST contributes to progression of cervical cancer via regulating miR-140-5p and ORC1. Cancer Cell Int 19:45 (2019). PubMed: 30858762
- Maya-Mendoza A et al. Immortalised breast epithelia survive prolonged DNA replication stress and return to cycle from a senescent-like state. Cell Death Dis 5:e1351 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25058425
- Chan KM & Zhang Z Leucine-rich Repeat and WD Repeat-containing Protein 1 Is Recruited to Pericentric Heterochromatin by Trimethylated Lysine 9 of Histone H3 and Maintains Heterochromatin Silencing. J Biol Chem 287:15024-33 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22427655