Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [SB46] to ORC2
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ORC2 antibody [SB46]
See all ORC2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SB46] to ORC2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Recombinant full length protein (Saccharomyces cerevisiae).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31930 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionComponent of the origin recognition complex (ORC) that binds origins of replication. DNA-binding is ATP-dependent, however specific DNA sequences that define origins of replication have not been identified so far. ORC is required to assemble the pre-replication complex necessary to initiate DNA replication.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ORC2 family.
- Information by UniProt
- orc2 antibody
- ORC2_HUMAN antibody
- ORC2L antibody
The Western blots in which the presence of Rad9 was analyzed in the total (T), soluble (S) and chromatin-enriched (Ch) fractions from wt (K699) cells, were controlled for proper fractionation of control proteins, known to remain in the soluble fraction (Tubulin) or to bind to chromatin (Orc2, ab31930).
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab31930 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab31930, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab31930 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Roy S et al. p53 orchestrates DNA replication restart homeostasis by suppressing mutagenic RAD52 and POL? pathways. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29334356
- Hernández G et al. Decapping protein EDC4 regulates DNA repair and phenocopies BRCA1. Nat Commun 9:967 (2018). PubMed: 29511213
- Hiraga SI et al. Human RIF1 and protein phosphatase 1 stimulate DNA replication origin licensing but suppress origin activation. EMBO Rep 18:403-419 (2017). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 28077461
- Granata M et al. Dynamics of Rad9 chromatin binding and checkpoint function are mediated by its dimerization and are cell cycle-regulated by CDK1 activity. PLoS Genet 6: (2010). WB ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . PubMed: 20700441