Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Orexin A
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Orexin A antibody
See all Orexin A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Orexin A
SpecificityImmunohistochemical analysis of rat brain indicates a good specificity for this serum.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6214 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceOrexin A (hypocretin 1) a 33 amino acid peptide and orexin B (hypocretin 2), a 28 amino acid peptide, are both derived from a common 130 amino acid precursor, prepro orexin. Orexin A and Orexin B stimulate food consumption when administered intracerebroventricularly to rats. Orexin gene expression in the brain is highly restricted to distinct populations of neurons located in specific hypothalamic regions, including the lateral hypothalamic area (LHA), a region implicated in feeding behaviour. Orexin A and orexin B bind to and activate two closely related G protein coupled receptors (GPCRs), termed Orexin 1 (OX1) and Orexin 2 (OX2) receptors. Dysfunction of the orexin peptide system has been linked to narcolepsy.
Cellular localizationRough endoplasmic reticulum. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Cell junction, synapse. Note: Associated with perikaryal rough endoplasmic reticulum as well as cytoplasmic large granular vesicles at synapses.
- HCRT antibody
- HCRT1 antibody
- HCRT2 antibody
Immunohistochemical staining of orexin A in rat lateral hypothalamus useing Anti-Orexin A antibody (ab6214) at 1:50000 dilution. The primary antibody was detected with the biotinylated secondary antibody-ABC method and nickel-diaminobenzidine chromogen.
Immunohistochemical staining of orexin A in rat zona incerta neurons using Rabbit antibody to Orexin A (ab6214) at a dilution of 1 in 1000.
ab6214 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Orexins alleviate motor deficits via increasing firing activity of pallidal neurons in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 317:C800-C812 (2019). PubMed: 31365289
- Kakava-Georgiadou N et al. Considerations related to the use of short neuropeptide promoters in viral vectors targeting hypothalamic neurons. Sci Rep 9:11146 (2019). PubMed: 31366942
- Franco-Pérez J et al. Chronic Consumption of Fructose Induces Behavioral Alterations by Increasing Orexin and Dopamine Levels in the Rat Brain. Nutrients 10:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30423806
- Verma D et al. Pancreatic polypeptide and its central Y4 receptors are essential for cued fear extinction and permanent suppression of fear. Br J Pharmacol 173:1925-38 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26844810
- Kerman IA et al. Distinct populations of presympathetic-premotor neurons express orexin or melanin-concentrating hormone in the rat lateral hypothalamus. J Comp Neurol 505:586-601 (2007). PubMed: 17924541
- Yao ST et al. Water deprivation increases the expression of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) but not orexin-A in the lateral hypothalamic area of the rat. J Comp Neurol 490:180-93 (2005). IHC-FoFr . PubMed: 16052497