Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to OS9
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-OS9 antibody
See all OS9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to OS9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19853 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 76 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 76 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionLectin which functions in endoplasmic reticulum (ER) quality control and ER-associated degradation (ERAD). May bind terminally misfolded non-glycosylated proteins as well as improperly folded glycoproteins, retain them in the ER, and possibly transfer them to the ubiquitination machinery and promote their degradation. Possible targets include TRPV4.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Found as well in all tumor cell lines analyzed, amplified in sarcomas. Highly expressed in osteosarcoma OSA-CL and rhabdomyosarcoma RH30 cell lines. Isoform 2 is the major isoform detected in all cell types examined.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the OS-9 family.
Contains 1 PRKCSH domain.
modificationsIntramolecular disulfide bonds.
Isoform 1 and isoform 2 are N-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen.
- Information by UniProt
- Amplified in osteosarcoma 9 antibody
- amplified in osteosarcoma antibody
- ERLEC2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-OS9 antibody (ab19853) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Spleen (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 76 kDa
Observed band size: 76 kDa
Additional bands at: 30 kDa, 74 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 10 minutes
IHC image of OS9 staining in human hippocampus FFPE section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab19853, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ICC/IF image of ab19853 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab19853, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab19853 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Chiritoiu M et al. EDEM1 Drives Misfolded Protein Degradation via ERAD and Exploits ER-Phagy as Back-Up Mechanism When ERAD Is Impaired. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32423001
- Kizhakkedath P et al. Degradation routes of trafficking-defective VLDLR mutants associated with Dysequilibrium syndrome. Sci Rep 8:1583 (2018). PubMed: 29371607
- Shim SM et al. The endoplasmic reticulum-residing chaperone BiP is short-lived and metabolized through N-terminal arginylation. Sci Signal 11:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29295953
- Erzurumlu Y & Ballar P Androgen Mediated Regulation of Endoplasmic Reticulum-Associated Degradation and its Effects on Prostate Cancer. Sci Rep 7:40719 (2017). PubMed: 28091582
- Iwamoto S et al. Reconstructed glycan profile for evaluation of operating status of the endoplasmic reticulum glycoprotein quality control. Glycobiology 23:121-31 (2013). PubMed: 22975980
- Williams JM et al. The ERdj5-Sel1L complex facilitates cholera toxin retrotranslocation. Mol Biol Cell 24:785-95 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23363602
- Burr ML et al. MHC class I molecules are preferentially ubiquitinated on endoplasmic reticulum luminal residues during HRD1 ubiquitin E3 ligase-mediated dislocation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:14290-5 (2013). PubMed: 23929775
- Christianson JC et al. OS-9 and GRP94 deliver mutant alpha1-antitrypsin to the Hrd1-SEL1L ubiquitin ligase complex for ERAD. Nat Cell Biol 10:272-82 (2008). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 18264092
- Mueller B et al. SEL1L nucleates a protein complex required for dislocation of misfolded glycoproteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12325-30 (2008). IP ; Human . PubMed: 18711132