Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4272(2)] to OS9
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-OS9 antibody [EPR4272(2)]
See all OS9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4272(2)] to OS9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human OS9 aa 600-700 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- NIH3T3, 293T, HL-60, and HeLa cell lysates, Mouse testis tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109510 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 76 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionLectin which functions in endoplasmic reticulum (ER) quality control and ER-associated degradation (ERAD). May bind terminally misfolded non-glycosylated proteins as well as improperly folded glycoproteins, retain them in the ER, and possibly transfer them to the ubiquitination machinery and promote their degradation. Possible targets include TRPV4.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Found as well in all tumor cell lines analyzed, amplified in sarcomas. Highly expressed in osteosarcoma OSA-CL and rhabdomyosarcoma RH30 cell lines. Isoform 2 is the major isoform detected in all cell types examined.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the OS-9 family.
Contains 1 PRKCSH domain.
modificationsIntramolecular disulfide bonds.
Isoform 1 and isoform 2 are N-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen.
- Information by UniProt
- Amplified in osteosarcoma 9 antibody
- amplified in osteosarcoma antibody
- ERLEC2 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Mouse testis tissue using ab109510 at a dilution of 1/100.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-OS9 antibody [EPR4272(2)] (ab109510) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HL-60 cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 76 kDa
ab109510 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Galeone A et al. Regulation of BMP4/Dpp retrotranslocation and signaling by deglycosylation. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32720893
- Bhattacharya A et al. Hepatic Sel1L-Hrd1 ER-associated degradation (ERAD) manages FGF21 levels and systemic metabolism via CREBH. EMBO J 37:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30389665
- Sun S et al. IRE1a is an endogenous substrate of endoplasmic-reticulum-associated degradation. Nat Cell Biol 17:1546-55 (2015). WB, IHC . PubMed: 26551274
- Sun S et al. Sel1L is indispensable for mammalian endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation, endoplasmic reticulum homeostasis, and survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E582-91 (2014). PubMed: 24453213