Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Osteocalcin
- Suitable for: RIA, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Osteocalcin antibody
See all Osteocalcin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Osteocalcin
SpecificityThere were no cross reactivities obtained with human Osteopontin, human Osteonectin, and human Bone Sialoprotein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: RIA, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14173 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionConstitutes 1-2% of the total bone protein. It binds strongly to apatite and calcium.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the osteocalcin/matrix Gla protein family.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
modificationsGamma-carboxyglutamate residues are formed by vitamin K dependent carboxylation. These residues are essential for the binding of calcium.
- Information by UniProt
- BGLAP antibody
- BGP antibody
- Bone gamma carboxyglutamate (gla) protein antibody
ab14173 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Weng L et al. Identification of a CD133-CD55- population functions as a fetal common skeletal progenitor. Sci Rep 6:38632 (2016). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 27929130
- Li C et al. Disruption of LRP6 in osteoblasts blunts the bone anabolic activity of PTH. J Bone Miner Res 28:2094-108 (2013). PubMed: 23609180
- Levi B et al. Dura mater stimulates human adipose-derived stromal cells to undergo bone formation in mouse calvarial defects. Stem Cells 29:1241-55 (2011). PubMed: 21656608
- Gaucher C et al. Dentin noncollagenous matrix proteins in familial hypophosphatemic rickets. Cells Tissues Organs 189:219-23 (2009). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 18701809
- Boukpessi T et al. The effect of stromelysin-1 (MMP-3) on non-collagenous extracellular matrix proteins of demineralized dentin and the adhesive properties of restorative resins. Biomaterials 29:4367-73 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18760468
- Chaussain-Miller C et al. Dentin structure in familial hypophosphatemic rickets: benefits of vitamin D and phosphate treatment. Oral Dis 13:482-9 (2007). PubMed: 17714351