Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Osteocalcin
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Osteocalcin antibody
See all Osteocalcin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Osteocalcin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Osteocalcin. (Near the C terminal; NP_954642.1).
Database link: P02818
- Human breast cancer and ovarian cancer tissues.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab198228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/50 - 1/200.
1/50 - 1/200.
FunctionConstitutes 1-2% of the total bone protein. It binds strongly to apatite and calcium.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the osteocalcin/matrix Gla protein family.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
modificationsGamma-carboxyglutamate residues are formed by vitamin K dependent carboxylation. These residues are essential for the binding of calcium.
- Information by UniProt
- BGLAP antibody
- BGP antibody
- Bone gamma carboxyglutamate (gla) protein antibody
ab198228 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wu CY et al. Vapor-phased fabrication and modulation of cell-laden scaffolding materials. Nat Commun 12:3413 (2021). PubMed: 34099701
- Shen J et al. EGFL6 regulates angiogenesis and osteogenesis in distraction osteogenesis via Wnt/ß-catenin signaling. Stem Cell Res Ther 12:415 (2021). PubMed: 34294121
- Zhang ZZ et al. 3D printed poly(e-caprolactone) scaffolds function with simvastatin-loaded poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres to repair load-bearing segmental bone defects. Exp Ther Med 17:79-90 (2019). PubMed: 30651767
- Wang L et al. Periosteal Mesenchymal Progenitor Dysfunction and Extraskeletally-Derived Fibrosis Contribute to Atrophic Fracture Nonunion. J Bone Miner Res 34:520-532 (2019). PubMed: 30602062